Friday, February 10, 2023

Watercolor Flowers Friend Card

Cards with my own watercolor flowers have become my favorite cards to make!  As long as I have flowers painted and ready in my collage fodder notebook, these cards are easy to make.  


If you follow me on Instagram, I sometimes post photos of these flowers in process.  I start by painted simple shapes to form a flower shape.  Once it's dry, I add outlines and details with a black Uni-Ball Signo pen and a white one.  That's when the flowers gain their personality!  Thanks to @TiffanySimplySharpe and @WillaWanders for Fodder School class where I learned a few techniques to get started making flowers! 


The oval white background was left over from another project. I found a piece of pink paper to coordinate with my flowers and stamped a grid pattern on it with white ink. The flowers are fastened in place with 3D Foam Squares.  I fussy cut the verse after stamping with black ink.  It's from Penny Black. It's also fastened with 3D Foam Squares.  I tucked a pearl cotton bow under the flowers.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Check out my Instagram for more of my craft projects.  Simply search for Judesigns7


 

No comments: