Friday, March 2, 2012

A Fun Birthday Card

Here's a card I created for the March PageMaps newsletter. 

This card features the postage shape from a new Spellbinders set designed by Becky Fleck called S4-359 Office Supplies. Each month Becky is releasing a new set.  Office Supplies was released for February.   A new set was just released for March.  You can see it on the PageMaps or Spellbinders websites. 

If you'd like to see the March newsletter with more cards and scrapbook pages, click here.  Many of the Spellbinders DT created cards for the newsletter.

For this card, I used paper from Echo Park's Little Boy Collection except for one of the solid colors which is from the Little Girl collection.  The little stars were cut with a die template from Spellbinders S5-089 Home Sweet Home.  I love to sand the edges to bring out the white paper core. 

The pennant is from Spellbinders S5-029 Nested Lacey Pennants.  The birthday greeting is from Flourishes Birthday Pennants.  I stamped it with Ranger Denim ink and clear embossed it.  I've added a little knot of floss to the pennant and each star.

This was a fun card to put together!  I never work from a sketch so it was a new challenge.  It's certainly easier to just pick out the papers and then follow the sketch!   Of course, I did agonize over it a bit!!!  That's just me!

Have a super day! 
-judy

1 comment:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great combination of fun and festive primary colors!