Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas Tree Card

Today, I have an easy Christmas card to share! 

All you need is some Christmas background paper ( I used Cosmo Cricket Thumpity Thump Thump), a 3 5/8" x 8 1/2" card base, 3 shades of green cardstock ( I used Bazzill), a scrap of brown and a scrap of white cardstock, a verse stamp (I used erry Christmas from JustRite Christmas Mini Sentiments Set), a button, red and white bakers twine and Spellbinders™ S5-028 Nested Pennants and E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop!  Oh, and I've used a little Antique Linen Distress ink around the edges of the card!

First, I cut the DP and adhered it to the card base.  I rubbed Distress Antique Linen ink around the edges.

 Next, I cut the tree pieces.  The trunk is cut with the long narrow banner from Spellbinders Nested Pennants.  You can see it adhered to my card base in the photo.

 For the tree, I cut one of each of the pennants from 3 shades of green card stock.  So easy to do with Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine because all 3 can be cut at one time! Then I used the Spellbinders Classic Triple Scallop Edgeabilities™ to cut the edge of each pennant. Two can be cut at the same time aligning the pennants next to each other and then taping the Edgeabilities in place over both. Such a great edge for a pine tree!

To assemble the tree, I added Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - 3D Foam Squares along the bottom edge and regular adhesive at the top.   I placed the trunk and then added each layer using 3D Foam Squares on each one.



I cut another banner for the verse from white cardstock and stamped the verse in red. I trimmed the banner to fit the verse.  I added it to the top of the tree and placed a button with bakers twie over it.   I added the bakers twine garland to the tree after assembly.  It would be much easier to add it to each layer!

To make this card more mailable, simple cut a small circle of card stock to replace the button.  That will be much flatter.  The thickness of the button makes the card non -machinable and requires more postage! 

Happy Creating!!!
-judy

7 comments:

Mieke'S said...

You've made ​​a beautiful tree!
Greetings Mieke'S

Mary Jo said...

Judy love how you have taken something rather simple and made it look so beautiful. Can a card be made with a little distress ink :)

Margie Higuchi said...

Love how you created the tree and the way you used the baker's twine - such a clever person! Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

O' beautiful Christmas tree! Love this Judy.

Julie Overby said...

Oh Judy! This is so adorable and brilliant!! Love it!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I kept looking at the nested pennants because I just knew I needed them for something...and this card is exactly the excuse I need. Just lovely!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...
This comment has been removed by the author.