Monday, August 5, 2019

Amazing Paper Grace August Die of the Month Blog Hop

Sponsored:  As a designer for Amazing Paper Grace, I receive dies to create projects.   I'm also a designer for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and receive product to use for projects.



We're so pleased to get to show you a new Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month for August called Elegant Knots.  Becca's dies don't normally have an abundance of embossing but this one has a ridge throughout the design so that it can be stenciled to add charm.  When released on August 1st Becca showed how easy it was to use for Valentines Day, Christmas and an anniversary - it goes with everything!! Each one of us has taken the die and spun it into a creation.  Please join us as we bring you more inspiration.

I really like that this die can be embossed or inked through the intricate design pattern.  On my card I inked through the die to give a subtle design.  I cut the intricate  pattern into a piece of paper with border die along one edge, the bottom edge on my card.  I cut the die with full border from white to tuck behind the design for a shadow effect. 

August Die of the Month - ELEGANT KNOTS


My Project Today:



I chose to make a masculine card with this Die of the Month.  I often think of intricate designs like this die as more feminine but it can be used for a masculine card, too.  I like that the die has a full outer die as well as a border die that cuts slightly different than full edge of the die.  I used that at the lower edge of the design on my card.  I've used subtle patterned paper behind for interest and a full design of white cut with border die to use as a shadow. I popped up the simple rectangle greeting to add more interest.  Dots of black dimensional Neon Amplify! finish the card.


For a second project, I covered a small notebook with the design embossed and inked, not cut out.  The paper is gray.  Once it was embossed, I inked through the die and around it so it's dark around the edges.  I added a silk ribbon as a book mark when I fastened the cover to the notebook.  This was a quick project and easier than I expected!


With a little creative imagination, there are so many ways to use this die!  Be sure to check out all the other Creative Team blogs for lots of inspiration!  They all do amazing things with Becca's dies!

Supply List:
Stamps: Spellbinders Oh Happy Day
Paper:  Gray, White Card stock; DCWV Patterned Paper
Ink: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Versafine Clair Nocturne; Distress Black Soot
Accessories:  Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Neon Amplify! Black; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Thin 3D Foam Squares Black, E-Z Runner Dots Permanent; E-Z Runner Micro; notebook; silk ribbon

If you want to find out more about the Club - prices, how you sign up and what's included, please look ------- HERE.
If you missed the introduction and want to know more about what inspired the Die of the Month Club, look -------HERE.

More inspiration is just a click away.  Stop by with each Creative Team Member to see how they manipulated this die to come up with a unique project for you to try!

Visit Kate        - craft2owls.blogspot.com
Visit Joanna   – joannakrog.blogspot.com
Visit Teresa   –  victorianpaperqueen.blogspot.com
Visit Ewelina -  elinaart.blogspot.co.uk
Visit Melissa  – keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com 
Visit Judy       – judyhayesdesign.blogspot.com
Visit Becca     – amazingpapergrace.com/blog

We can’t wait to see what you make with these exclusive dies – be sure to post your creation on the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month page ------- HERE or on Instagram using the hashtag #AmazingPaperGraceClubKit


4 comments:

TLady said...

VERY NICE, Judy!!! Your card & little book look masculine with the colors you used! VERY NICELY DONE!!!!!!! ;)<3

Quinty girl said...

Nice to see it used as a masculine card very well done.

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very cool. I’d never have thought to go masculine with this. Love the notebook and all the intricate details in this Die.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Oh my gosh!!! Am in love with your clever idea to use this elegant and intricate die with just subtle masculine papers!!! Reminds me of old world vintage books and stationary! Gorgeous affect and am loving this new die!