Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Amazing Paper Grace April Die of the Month Blog Hop



Sponsored:  As a designer for Amazing Paper Grace, I receive dies to create projects.   I'm also a designer for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and receive product to use for projects.


Today, I'm showcasing a project made with Amazing Paper Grace April Die of the Month.  This is a fun set of dies!   I really like that there are words, flowers, leaves, a scallop panel and a fun insert mechanism and panels to make a fold out center insert!  Plus there's an intricate rectangle insert and fan element.  I used the intricate insert on my second card shown towards end of my post.  




My Card Today:


I really like this whole set! I like the word dies with outline die to make a coordinating mat. The word can be used alone or with the mat.  On my card, I've cut "Hello Friend" out of a pretty paper from Simple Stories and layered it onto a black  mat.  I applied Adhesive Sheets to the back of the patterned paper before die cutting it.  That makes it like a sticker.  So easy to assemble!  Just peel liner and fasten word in place on coordinating mat!  

This set also has 4 sizes of flowers and 2 leaf sizes.  I used 3 smaller flower dies to cut flowers for front and inside of my card.  I applied Distress Oxide inks to light tan paper before cutting my flowers and leaves.  The ink color is more dusty over tan paper and matched the paper colors. The black flower centers were punched out with a  3/16 inch hole punch and fastened with an Adhesive Dot.

On the card front, I used the small rectangle die to cut peach check paper. I cut a narrow black mat with my paper cutter.  The tan mat was cut with rectangle die that has flap on it.  I simply cut the flap off.  It's easy to do as there's a score line to follow. Behind that is a pattern paper piece cut with the largest die in this set, scallop edge panel.  It cuts such a sweet edge! I cut just scallop edge on cream strip and layered it under it for shadow/contrast. Card has multiple layers of patterned papers and black over a Kraft top fold card which is 4½ x 6½ ʺ.  Flowers and a small bow frame the "Hello Friend" panel.


The most fun part of this die set is the piece that makes a pop up unfold when the card is opened

It can be used on a vertical card or horizontal one.  The folding piece that makes the insert unfold is cut with the die shown inside the scalloped rectangle. (see photo of die set).  Two of those are needed.  They are placed with diamond hole aligned with fold line of card. The fold line matches the fold of card.  This photo shows placement and what it looks like but card is not to size.  Double stick adhesive is applied to areas marked with an "X" to hold folding insert. 


The rectangle die with flap is used to cut pieces to be fastened together to form the folding insert.  Four pieces are needed with flap cut off of one. Photo shows 2 fastened together, 3rd one ready to be fastened and 4th one with flap cut off.  It will be fastened to flap on 3rd piece. 

There's a smaller rectangle die that cuts a slightly smaller rectangle to fit perfectly on each piece on the folding panel.  I cut patterned paper with it and black mats cut with paper cutter to decorate the folding strip. I also cut scallop edge on two strips of cream cardstock, then cut it to fit panel and fastened at ends of folding insert.  Six scallops perfectly fit along that edge! I added another "hello", some words from Simple Stories paper and flowers with leaves.


Inside of card front and back has scallop edge panels layered over black cardstock.  These were fastened in place before adding the folding mechanism pieces.  I used strong adhesive so it wouldn't come loose with movement of pop up strip. The folding mechanism was fastened at fold of card with strong double sided adhesive. 
The last thing I did was fasten the folding insert panel inside the card with card fully open. Strong double side adhesive was used at "X" areas as shown in photo above.  I recommend checking adhesive placement with panel held in place before fastening it.  If adhesive sticks to two center panels, it won't fold right! 
This card is so fun to open!!!  Just imagine all the different occasions to use this for! I think it would be fun for a kid's birthday card, encouragement card, congrats especially graduation, even a wedding card!

If you want to find out more about the Club - prices, how you sign up and what's included, please look --------HERE.
If you missed the introduction and want to know more about what inspired the Die of the Month Club, look -------HERE.

My Second Card Today:

Because I had some pieces that I didn't use when I was finished my first card, I made a "scrap" card.  I call it a scrap card because I used leftover pieces!  



I love how this card turned out!  I used the same "Hello" as my first card.  The pretty patterned paper panel with scallops was a piece that moved in my die cut machine so one edge went off the paper.  Frustrating but it worked perfect for this card!  I cut off one edge so there are 7 scallops instead of eight.  This card is side fold 4 x 6¼ʺ.  There's a scallop edge black mat under the yellow one.  I was able to cut it just a little bigger when I cut off one edge to have 7 scallops.  In the center is a rectangle of patterned paper cut so the bird shows through an intricate panel cut from Kraft paper....before layering it, I cut out a section to frame the bird. I added leftover flowers and leaves along the bottom.  The green at top and bottom is paper that I inked with Distress Oxide ink.  I had a scrap left from cutting leaves to use to make a faux awning at top and inked another strip to add at the bottom.  I added some accent narrow strips of black cardstock.  The paper had Adhesive Sheets applied to the back so once I cut the strips they were like stickers. Simply peel the liner and fasten in place. 



This is such a versatile set of dies!  I sure had fun with it!

Thanks for visiting!
Happy Crafting!
Judy

Supply List:
Paper:  Simple Stories Spring Farmhouse; Cardstock: Kraft, Cream, Black
Ink: Distress Oxide Inks: Tattered Rose, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce
Accessories: Off White Seam Binding, 3/16ʺ Hole Punch

More inspiration is just a click away.  
Stop by with each Creative Team Member to see more!


Visit Kate        - craft2owls.blogspot.com
Visit Joanna   – joannakrog.blogspot.com
Visit Teresa   –  victorianpaperqueen.blogspot.com
Visit Ewelina -  elinaart.blogspot.co.uk
Visit Melissa  – keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com 
Visit Judy       – judyhayesdesign.blogspot.com
Visit Becca     – amazingpapergrace.com/blog

We can’t wait to see what you make with these exclusive dies – be sure to post your creation on the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month page ------ HERE 
or on Instagram using the hashtag #AmazingPaperGraceClubKit


8 comments:

TLady said...

NICELY DONE, Judy! I just LOVE to see the different ways you ladies use Becca's Dies! ;) LOVE the Spring feeling I get from your yellow designer paper! I also LOVE this FUN mechanism inside & SURPRISE ELEMENT! ;)

Quinty girl said...

Beautiful card such a great die.

Jean said...

So pretty! Love your use of the die!

Teresa said...

This is so cute and i just love the idea of a scrapcard... thank you too for sharing the instructions on how to make it :)

Denise Bryant said...

Such gorgeous cards with these beautiful dies! So many possibilities with this die of the month set! Awesome paper choices and design!

dolphinlover said...

Judy nice card. Like how you listed all components used, most with links.

Janet Ingraham said...

So great that I've just discovered another color combination I would not have thought of. Beautiful. Thank you for details.

shabbypinkhouse said...

Beautiful cards! Love the spring pattern papers and colors! Of course, the pop up is amazing! Great job in saving that scallop border! Sometimes things end up being a happy “mistake” yet beautiful. Very versatile die set! Tfs Hugs, Christine