Friday, April 15, 2011

Lady in Brown

Can you tell I really like this image from Artistic Outpost's Gatsby?
She's so fun to stamp on glossy paper to look like a photo.  Then decorate and embellish! 

Here, I've used a frame cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen.  It was cut from brown paper with ink over the embossed pattern.  There's a Spellbinders Labels Four die cut shape set at angle behind the frame.  It was cut from antique pearlescent gold paper, also embossed.
I"ve layered the frame over some lace (a thrift store find!) that I colored with various Distress inks.  I used a piece of cream cs behind it to show off the colors and pattern.  The card front is covered with paper from Grahpic 45.   A piece of sheer gold ribbon slips behind the frame and is knotted at the card edge.  I've added some sheer flower ribbon that I colored with  Distress Stain - Walnut Stain. 
The finishing touch are some brown pearls strung along as if a string of pearls.
I hope you've enjoyed this Lady in Brown!

Have a super day!
-judy

5 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

Hello roomie! Stunning card, I think she is lovely and the dies work really well :-)

KVencel said...

This is beautiful! I love all the distressing that makes it look so old & aged!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Gorgeous Judy. Love that stamp design.

Mary Jo said...

Just perfect. She looks so vintage.

MD said...

SUPERBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BRAVOOOOOO MD