Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Great Masculine Card!

I used stamps from Gatsby by Artistic Outpost to create this masculine card.  I like the monochromatic color palette of brown tones.  I used Espresso ink for all the stamping.   The words are a little darker because I clear heat embossed them.  I like to do that for verses.  It just intensifies the color and adds a crispness to the words.  All the patterned papers are from Graphic 45, " A Proper Gentleman".  A perfect match for the stamps! I used dark brown mats to frame them all. I started this card with the man image and car.  I found the cork frame in my collection of bits & pieces.  It was cut with Spellbinders S4-308 Labels One SM #4 & 5 (#1 being the smallest).   I added a touch of color with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.  Have you tried the new Distress Stains?  I love how easy they are to use for coloring backgrounds.  It worked great on the cork.  A lot quicker than rubbing Distress ink onto it!    My final touch was the little checked bow tie....really a tiny bow!!!  That's my favorite part of the this card!






Happy Stamping!
...judy

1 comment:

dibsndabs said...

I like this card a great deal! The tie is especially neat. You really put a lot of thought into your cards and art projects. I am hoping to have time to try your Metal Butterfly this weekend. Thanks for sharing your talents.