Monday, June 28, 2010

A Little Felt Purse

Mornin' all!

Did you see my little felt purse on Spellbinders Blog over the weekend? What a nice surprise to see it at the end of the post!  You can see it here.  It's one of my April projects......my first month on the DT!  I'm super pleased with how it turned out!

Here are a few more photos and details.....
The purse and all the flowers are made out of felt.  I used various Spellbinders die templates to create the flowers.  I cut a number of them and then started putting colors together until I liked the combinations.    Then I went searching for felt or fabric to make the purse and settled on this beautifl blue......given to me by Mom years ago, just waiting in my stash! 

Spellbinders Die Templates used for the flowers:

  • S4-192 Blossom - #2,#3
  • S4-232 Blossom Two - #1,#2
  • S4-101 Dahlia - #2, #3
  • S4-109 Flower Creations Three – 3 petal flower #3,4; 5 petal #2
  • S4-116 Standard Circles SM #1 
  • S4-114 Standard Circles LG #1
I machine stitched all the ribbon stems and most of the flowers.  Some are hand sewn with yellow pearl cotton.  I added stitching along the top of the purse, too.   The little "leaves" are folded pieces of ribbon.   
 You cans see all the flowers here...

...one single little flower......
(I couldn't get Blogger to put these photos where I wanted them.............grrrr!)

This was such a fun project to put together!  I don't often work with such a bright palette of colors!  So fun!

If you have any questions or want more details, just email me!!

I'm working on June projects now plus CHA for Spellbinders!  Lots to do and deadlines looming!!! 

Have a great day.....create something!
-judy

No comments: