Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blue Flowers

I love blue........so I colored these flowers blue.  Probably not a true color for these flowers in the gardening world.  That's an advantageof stamping, we can make our flowers any color we like.

This bouquet is from the set Bloom and Grow by Artistic Outpost.  I stamped them with Versafine Black Onyx and then watercolored them.  I washed  a pale yellow over the background.
I used Spellbinders Labels Thirteen S4-248 to cut the shape.  For the navy mat, I used the die as a template to cut around with my craft knife.  It's a little putsy but sure makes a nice even edge.  There's also a very tiny white mat that I freehand cut.
For the decorative strip behind the flowers, I cut 2 of Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Borderabilities S4-213.   They are glued over a piece of satin ribbon on the card front (Bazzill paper).  I used a corner rounder on 2 corners.  A little satin edged bow and some pearls finish the card.

Happy Creating! 
-judy

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Love what you have done.

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

well, isn't that lovely.