Wednesday, October 20, 2010

JustRite 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hop 7

Today, I'm joining the JustRite Design Team for their Wednesday feature,
12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hops 7!  
Every Wednesday up until Thanksgiving JustRite is sponsoring a series of Christmas blog hops, showcasing JustRite’s entire Christmas Collection of stamps!  The JustRite Design Team may also showcase some of their new line of CLING stamps!  See them HERE.  This week, many of the Spellbinders Design Team are joining this 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hop 7!  Mark your calendar to join JustRite for the remaining 5 Wednesdays at 9am Central for great Christmas gift, card and project ideas, starting at the JustRite Inspiration blog!

Now for my project!

I created this card....



..... using one of the Groovy Snowmen JB-10000 and a verse from Christmas Nested Sentiments and Verse JB-09255. 

Groovy Snowmen has 4 adorable snowmen and 4 frames....all so cute!

Christmas Nested Sentiments and Verse includes an assortment of 8 verses in different sizes.  The script and messages are beautiful!

Here's my card details......

I stamped the snowman on Classic Crest Solar White paper using Ranger Denim ink.  I stamped the frame separately. I colored both with Copic markers shown in the photo.  I added touches of Crystal glitter to the snowflake, star and frame using a glue pen.


I used Spellbinders Standard Circles LG (#4,6) and SM (#4,7) to cut the snowman, frame and mat circles.  I cut the red mat with my craft knife following around the edge of Standard Circles SM #7. The aqua mat under the snowman is Bazzil Bling paper.  It adds a nice shimmer.




I used Snowflake Impressabilities on the upper 2/3s of the Heather paper by 3M. I wanted the lower portion to remain smooth for my verse.  I stamped the it using Memento Lady Bug ink and heat embossed it quickly with clear EP. 

The little snowflake was created using a snowflake from each of these Spellbinders sets:  Snowflake Wonder, Create A Flake 1, Create A Flake 2.  I colored the bottom and top flakes with Copic markers to coordinate with my snowman colors. I added touches of glue with a glue pen and added Crystal glitter.

I added a narrow red mat and mounted it on a 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" white card.  There's a tiny holographic cord between the snowflake and the snowman frame.  Hard to see in my photo!   I added a sheer ribbon with holographic stripes.  I also added dots of glitter around the verse and over the embossed snowflakes.  There are rings of glitter around the mats, too, all done with a glue pen and Crystal glitter.



Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!
I'm so happy you stopped! 
I hope I've inspired you! 
My apologies to anyone who stopped earlier and didn't find my post.  It didn't load when it was supposed to. Can't blame it on blogger, it was my error!


 Now, be sure to visit these designers’ blogs to see what fabulous JustRite Christmas inspiration they have for you on the hop today!


Happy Creating!
 -judy

13 comments:

AndreaA said...

Very cute card.
This snowman is adorable.
Thanks for sharing!!

Jessica said...

Very cute card. Love the pop up effect.

Anonymous said...

Love the color combination Judy! Adorable card!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

So pretty Judy! I absolutely love the colors you used! Wow

anita01 said...

Heel mooi jou kaart, en een prachtig blog,

Warme groetjes,
Anita

Luv 2 Create said...

Judy,
Adorable card.
Marcie

Elizabeth Allan said...

Gorgeous combination of colors and texture. This is VERY cute!

Mary Jo said...

Judy this groovy snowman is so cute, You always seem to put the right card together.

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

This Is a great stamp and you just made it better . look at all the color in there just fantastic :)

Julie Overby said...

Super cute card, Judy! Love the coloring you've done!

Auntie Em said...

Love the colours and your sparkle and embossing! Great card!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Unknown said...

Just darling, Judy!

Cindy Groh said...

Love it:)