Sunday, March 13, 2022

Bright Flowers Birthday Card

Thinking bright, sunny and warm today with this Bright Flowers Birthday Card to beat the winter dreariness!  



 I made this card for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and you can find it on their blog.  Lots more details posted there.

I made all the flowers with watercolors.  Once they were dry, I added black outlines with Uni-Ball Stabilo 207 pen and used it and a white pen for the dots in center of flowers.  Leaves were also painted with watercolors and outlined.  Then I fussy cut them out.  I've come to enjoy the process of painting them and "doodling" the outlines, centers and more.  Even the fussy cutting is relaxing!  I usually do all the steps over a few days....no rush. I generally take time to go to my craft room every night before bed.  I usually don't start any projects then but I doodle around flowers or cut them out.  It's mindless and enjoyable.  

These particular flowers I painted one afternoon while showing my sister how to make them. The flowers really come to life with the outlines and added dots and lines.  


Here's some of the flowers in my fodder keeper.  I learned the basics for making these flowers and the fodder keeper in Fodder School which is a yearlong class with different instructors each month.  The instructor for this class was Tiffany Sharpe.  You can find her on Instagram as TiffanySimplySharpe. Fodder School was created by Tiffany and Wendy Solganik.  Wendy is on IG as Willa.Wanders.  Fodder School has been great so far!  I'm a bit behind but it's always there for me to do when I have time.

You can find me on Instagram as judesigns7  I have photos posted there of my fodder keeper and more flowers.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Happy Crafting!

Judy





No comments: