Monday, December 1, 2008

Vintage Santas

December 1........the countdown to Christmas begins.

...and the countdown to the annual Cookie Walk at our church this Saturday. I'm baking cookies every night after work..........my goal is 50 dozen: 17 done, only 33 to go! The hardest part is giving up my stamping time.......

I went through my collection to find some vintage Santa cards to share with you tonight. These have become keepsakes. I send most of my cards to family & friends but there are a few that I can't seem to part with. All of these Santas are in that category.

I made this Santa 2 years ago.........

........he's colored with Distress inks. The actual stamp is a bit bigger than shown. I cropped it to fit the card. The foil tape was colored with Ranger Adirondack alcohol inks & embossed with QuicKutz embossing dies. The letters for "believe" were cut with QK Frankie.
This was last years card.........

.......created with a Tim Holtz stamp set. I had fun with this card.....lots of products used: Distress Crackle paint, Distress inks, Ranger Paint Dabbers, QuicKutz Abigail for "25" and some hardware.

The 3rd vintage Santa was made this fall............

.........with an Artistic Outpost stamp set called Snowy Woods. I posted this card on the Fond Memories blog and it was also featured on the Artistic Outpost blog. This Santa was colored with Adirondack markers......a switch from Distress inks. I did use Antique Linen over him to make him more vintage. I used 2 Spellbinders square dies to cut the frame, a McGill punch for the branches, a bit of twill tape & some hardware. The papers are by Cosmo Cricket.

Until next time.......keep creating!

Enjoy!

-judy

No comments: