Saturday, December 6, 2008

Skater's Pond Two Ways

Tuesday night I took a break from baking cookies (I quit baking tonight at 10:30 with 49 1/2 dozen.........close enough to the 50 I signed up to do.) to create these 2 cards.

Both cards use the same Thomas Kinkade Skater's Pond stamp as well as the same greeting yet they have a totally different look. Both are stamped in black ink: one on kraft color paper & the other on glossy white paper. That's about where the similarity stops....

I used Versafine Black Onyx to stamp the image & added just a touch of color with Copic markers to the ice, sky & windows. Frosted Lace Stickles gives the snowy areas sparkle. The snowflake paper is My Mind's Eye.



I used Distress Inks Antique Linen & Vintage Photo to age the image after stamping it with StazOn ink on glossy paper. The background paper is actually from Cosmo Cricket's Halloween line......the pattern just seemed to fit for this card. I used a Spellbinders die to cut just the ends of the mat & then ran a black marker along the edge. I couldn't find a ribbon to match so.......I colored a black & cream striped ribbon with Distress inks.........not waterproof but just fine for this card.

Make time to create something.

Enjoy!

-judy

No comments: