Friday, November 5, 2010

Red Sky at Morning

I have one my layouts created for Spellbinders to share with you today.  Some of you may remember that I shared an uncropped view of this photo some time back.  I love taking photos of sunrises and sunsets.  This beautiful sky greeted me one morning this summer.  It was amazing!  I grabbed my camera and captured a few photos before it changed!


Whenever I see a red sunset or sunrise, I'm always reminded of the saying, "red sky at night, sailor delight; red sky at morning, sailor take warning". That's why I titled it "Red Sky at Morning".  As I recall we didn't have any "warning" after this sunrise!  The saying didn't come true.
This is really quite a simple layout....1 large photo with several mats and a title!  I created the photo corners with S4-305 Eyelet Squares cut out of black glossy paper.  I used one Eyelet Square cut in half to make 2 corners.  To cut the curved edge (towards the photo), I used the largest Grand Circle die template.  I aligned the corner with the circle die template and taped them in place.  I was able to place all 4 corners on my Grand Calibur mat and cut them all at once.   I used that same Grand Circle #7 with #6 to cut the circle frame around the sunrise also with black glossy paper.  I stamped the title with JustRite Brayton alphabet and clear embossed it. 
I hid my journaling under the photo.  The photo is fastened to the page just along the top and sides allowing space for the journaling to be slid underneath.  I fastened it to the title sort of like a drawer.  It slides back in place against the mat of the photo.

 Hope you enjoyed this change of pace here!  ......a layout rather than a card! 

Have a super day! 
-judy

5 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

I just love this page. So peaceful :) Thanks for sharing it! xo

craftymom205 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Kathy said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Judy! Gorgeous photo.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great picture and layout!!! I really like the hidden journaling drawer.