Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Special Day


Yesterday was a special day for me....my birthday. How many?
I'll let you guess...

Here's a package sent by my friend Elizabeth....



I had to take a photo to post. It's so fun to get presents!


......with the ribbons untied.........

......and a close up of the card! Isn't it cute?

I admire her work. It's always so nicely done......well designed, neat, clean & crisp.

Elizabeth & I met at summer CHA a couple years ago. She was working in the Penny Black booth. We both felt an instant bond yet we didn't exchange any information to keep in touch. A few months later, I finally sent an email to Penny Black asking if they would contact her. They were kind enough to give me her email address. We've kept in touch ever since then....mostly through email. We see each other at CHA once or twice a year.

In 2007, we decided to apply for Ranger U's Inks & Embossing certification class. We were so excited to be accepted. What a dream come true for both of us! Robin Beam & Tim Holtz were our instructors. Yes, really Tim taught most of the class! We learned so much about all of Ranger's ink & embossing products. We had so much fun!


Elizabeth designs card samples for Penny Black, many of which are on their website. When I met her she had just made a connection with Penny Black. She is now designing a lot more of their card samples and sample boards. You can check out her bio on Penny Black here . Many of her card samples and paper craft projects have been published in card making or rubber stamping magazines.


She was so pleased when I asked her if I could post her card! Please leave her a comment. She checks the blog often.


We're looking forward to seeing each other at winter CHA in about 2 weeks. She'll be working at the Penny Black booth with a make & take as well as assisting buyers with orders. I'm going with Kathy from Fond Memories to "shop" for new products, papers and stamps. I love seeing all the new things as well as all the incredible samples. It's so inspiring!


Until next time........create art!


-judy



2 comments:

nomore said...

Happy birthday to u and your best frend El..too invur the truely friendship forever....

Lynn Stevens said...

Happy Birthday. Hope it was Wonderful!!!
Lynn