Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Winter

Finally.......I found some time to play.


I started with a background created with Ranger Alcohol inks on glossy paper.....a scrap I had leftover from some of my Christmas cards.
I stamped the Tim Holtz branch (Letter to Santa set) several times with Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger) & embossed them with White Puff powder (also Ranger).
I really like the dimension of the white branches. To give the branches sparkle, I stamped over them with embossing ink & embossed with Polysparkle (Ranger). Since the Polysparkle is clear with sparkle, it's not absolutely necessary to get the second stamping exactly over the first image. The photo doesn't quite show all the sparkle........the effect is like frost on the branches.
I also added some snowflakes embossed with Polysparkle.
The "happy winter" oval was cut with a Spellbinders die. I used a Penny Black alphabet set to stamp the verse & embossed it with Polysparkle. Then I added the snowflakes with Adirondack Lights Aqua. I rubbed a light coat of the Aqua ink over the whole oval & embossed it with Polysparkle. A little bow & a violet mat finish it.
The card front is Bazzill bling cardstock.....a bit hard to see in the photo.
happy winter stamping!
-judy

No comments: