Sunday, December 7, 2008

Over the River.....

.....and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go. The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh..........

Can't you just imagine this sleigh full of gifts gliding over the snow?
I created this sleigh with a Spellbinders die. I love the vintage style.
First, I cut & embossed it out of cream colored paper. Then......guess what I used? Distress inks, of course, starting with Aged Mahogany over the entire sleigh. Then I rubbed the Black Soot pad directly over the embossed areas. The firm surface of the pad keeps most of the ink on just the raised areas...keep the pad flat.
Next I added Brilliance Gold to the packages & runners. I used foam tape to lift the sleigh from the card front on an oval of Cosmo Cricket paper matted with dark red paper. (Spellbinders oval dies) I added the little words around the edge of the oval with a stamp from Penny Black's Crystalline set. It was a bit hard to get it to curve so the words didn't print very well. I decided it was okay as the card is meant to look vintage & a bit worn!
To create the shaped cream border, I laid the oval on the back side of a piece of cream paper the same width as the card (5 1/4"). I centered the oval on the strip & traced it with a pencil. Then I cut straight in from each edge to about 1/4" away from the pencil line and continued cutting 1/4" away from the line. I turned it over, added Antique Linen & Vintage Photo to the edges & mounted it the top of a dark red paper. I added Black Soot to all edges of the card once it was put together. A verse at the bottom & a gold edged ribbon finish the design.
Supplies
Stamps: CHF Pretty Pattern, Joyeux Noel, Penny Black Crystalline
Spellbinders Sleigh & Oval dies
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill, Cream Linen
Inks: Distress Aged Mahogany, Black Soot, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Versafine Black Onyx, Brilliance Gold


Enjoy!
-judy

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning !!! I Love it.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Love the richness of the colors.