Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Turquoise Heart Charm Bracelet

Have you seen SpellbindersNEW Media MiXage products? 
This line includes bezels and blanks with matching die templates, metals, papers and more!  All developed in collaboration with jewelry artist, Susan Lenart Kazmer.   Awesome stuff!!!!  I love it all!
Check out Spellbinders Explore Beyond Idea Gallery for some extraordinary projects and inspiration using Medai MiXage products!

Today, I have a bracelet to show you with one of the new bezels.......




a heart charm. I love the shape of it!!!!   This one is the smallest heart in the set of MB1-005 Hearts One - Bronze.  The same size is also available in a set of five, MB1-505 Hearts One - BR 5PK

My bracelet is copper color.  The bezel was bronze. I wanted the bezel to be copper!  So I used a combination of products to make it copper colored.  I started with a copper nail polish.  Then I added a patina paint.  Lastly, I used copper Baroque Art Gilders Paste.  This is a new product to me.  It's almost like paste shoe polish.  It adds a wonderful faux metallic finish to paper, wood, metal, clay, and more.    (It's the same product I used on the tag I posted last week.)  I'm certain I'll be using it on more projects!!!
Okay, back to the heart bezel.....  The turquoise heart is cut from Shimmer Sheetz by Elizabeth Crafts Design.  It's a mylar type product.  I cut out the heart with MD1-005 Hearts One die template #1 (#1 being the smallest).    A perfect fit for the bezel!!!  So easy!
Next, I embossed a portion of a flower on the heart with Spellbinders EL-005 Splendid M-Bossabilities folder.  I sanded it lightly to reveal a silver color.  I added a little pink gem to the center.  I also cut a heart the same size from craft foam.  I glued it in the bezel with the turquoise heart over it. I wanted the turquoise heart to be closer to the surface so the foam is just a spacer. 
Finally, I filled the bezel with Ice Resin!!!  That's the magic!  Crystal clear jewelers' grade resin!  It really makes the mylar pop in this heart.  My Ice Resin was starting to set up when I poured this heart which is why there are tiny bubbles in the resin.  Normally, I would have been frustrated by that but I like the bubbles in this charm!

 
I made the bracelet with chain I found at a craft store.  It's about 7 1/2" long.  I added a toggle clasp to the chain ends.  The heart is connected to the bracelet with a link from the chain. 
Really, this isn't very hard!  If the ICE Resin scares you, there are other products that you can use such as UTEE or Glossy Accents.  A little different look that's all. 

Supplies:
Spellbinders MB1-005 Hearts One - Bronze
Spellbinders MD1-005 Hearts One (die template)
Spellbinders EL-005 Splendid M-Bossabilities
Elizabeth Craft Designs - SHimmer Sheetz
ICE Resin
Want2Scrap - Pink Gem
Copper chain
Copper Toggle Clasp
Copper Nail Polish
Ranger Patina
Baroque Art - Copper Gilders Paste
Craft foam


Watch for Spellbinders Media MiXage products in your LSS or craft store! 

I hope you've enjoyed your visit here!!!! I love sharing creative projects!

Hugs,
-judy

1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

Wonderful project, Judy! Sounds like a ton of fun to make :) Just started to use a bezel and blank for a project...it's about time, right? LOL!!!! Have a great rest of the week, my friend xo