Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Little Friendship Card

Today, I have a quick little card to share! 


This is truly a quick card!  I think it took me longer to pick out the buttons than put it together!


The card base is ivory cardstock cut with SpellbindersS5-147 Resplendent Rectangles #5 (#1 being the smallest).  I love the beautiful cut edge on this piece!  In fact, the whole set is beautiful!!!!  It's one of Spellbinders newly released sets called Nestabilities® Majestic Elements.  Not only do the cut pieces have incredible detailed cut edges, a beautiful cut edge and embossed pattern is left in the negative space!  The possibilities of different combinations of the die cuts and negative spaces is amazing!
Okay, back to the card details.........
I simply folded the Respendent Rectangle in half to create the card.  Easy!  I inked the edges a little with Ranger Pesto ink.  I used the same ink for the verse.
The blue designer paper was cut and embossed with Resplendent Rectangles #4.  Love the inverted scallop edge with cutouts.  I sanded it a bit to reveal the white core of the paper and emphasize the embossed pattern.  I folded it in half to fit my card.  Perfect fit, of course!  Before I fastened it to the card, I stamped the verse from JustRite's Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves stamp set. 
at this point my power went out so I'm trying to finish on my phone....a bit more challenging!!!
To finish the card, I fastened the 2 Resplendent Rectangles together. I tied some floss in 3 buttons and fastened them with Glue Dots. The only thing left is to write a note inside and share it with a friend!!!
Here's my note to you my blog friends:
You are all an inspiration to me!!! I love reading your comments! Thanks to each and everyone for being my blog friends!!! I hope you find a bit of inspiration here to use in your creative works.
Hugs
Judy

Supplies:
Spellbinders S5-147 Resplendent Rectangles
JustRite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves
Buttons Galore & More - pastel, vintage Christmas
Ranger Pesto ink
Ivory card stock
Prima Botanical Collection - Romance
DMC embroidery floss
Glue Dots - Mini
Adhesive

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing.

Margie Higuchi said...

One of my favorite die templates in this release :) LOVE what you created - great idea on folding it in half. Have a great weekend!! xo

Mary Jo said...

Judy what a great inspiration. Love what you have done. That is a great friendship card.

Elizabeth Allan said...

A beautiful card in just minutes!! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration Judy!

Teresa said...

Hi Judy... just stopped over to see what was new and I love your card that you did. The colors are so pretty!
Hope life is good these days :)