Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time is Priceless

I sat down tonight to create a retirement card for a co-worker. I couldn't think of any specific retirement stamps in my collection. Truth is, I didn't feel like digging them out...... Instead, I pulled out some Tim Holtz sets: Slight Alterations for the background & Elements of Time for one clock & the verse.
....lots of layers of inks, a mask & some stamps to create the background. Then I added elements until I was satisfied with it.
The "Time...." verse at the bottom is from CHF Time to Stamp set as well as the ornate clock & the black partial clock faces in the corners.


I added Glossy Accents to "Time is priceless" because it didn't stand out. I couldn't emboss it with clear because all the back ground Distress inks were still damp. The embossing powder would have stuck everywhere......not a look I wanted.
It was fun to get inky again. I've been busy with other things this week so I've missed my stamping time. I did manage to make a card to post on Artistic Outpost for Saturday. Stop by then to see it here, too.
So glad you stopped by.......come back soon!
Supplies:
Tim Holtz Elements of Time, Slight Alterations
CHF Time to Stamp
Distress inks: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Black Soot
Ranger Archival Black
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz mask

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! What a great take on the idea of time and so fitting for a retirement card!r

Ineke said...

Wauw, this is wonderfull. Very nice colors. The card is just great. Greetings Ineke