Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Sewing Tag

I put together this sewing tag with bits and pieces that I cut while demoing at CHA.  All these shapes are new Spellbinders die templates layered onto a #8 manilla tag.


The sewing machine and buttons are from a new set by Nina B Designs for Spellbinders, S5-088 Sewing Elements.  I cut it from scratch art board made by Royal Langenickel.  I sanded the embossed areas to reveal the copper color.  It's perfect for this vintage sewing machine!  The words "Made for You" are cut from the same board.  They are from a new Donna Salazar set called Girlie Grunge Labels, Spellbinders S5-084.   Under the sewing machine is a brown scrap of thin wood.  Yes, it's actual wood that's very thin.  I stained it with Distress ink.  I didn't use a die template to cut it, rather it's what was left after I cut notebook edge strip from Becky Fleck's S4-359 Office Supplies set.  The striped piece was cut with a die template from Spellbinders S5-094 Labels and Tags.  The background print shape is a new shape from S5-096 Jar Labels.  Behind that I added a piece of Kraft paper cut with the largest of a new oval set, S4-356 Floral Ovals.   It's one of my favorites of the new shapes!   I stamped the tag with a sewing stamp by Tim Holtz and added Distress inks to the edges.   I tied on some seam binding ( appropriate, huh???) and a scrap of lace fabric.

This was fun to put together!!!  A scrap tag!

Thanks for visiting!
-judy

8 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

Judy that is so sweet, love the addition of tiny piece of lace going through the machine, so clever! :)

Unknown said...

So fabulous Judy! that black sanded metal works perfect for the sewing machine!

Judy Hayes said...

Thanks ladies!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

I LOVE this piece and those dies too :0) We were on the same page today - just posted a card using those Floral Ovals = LOVE! LOL! Fabulous piece of art, Miss Judy! Hope you have a wonderful day xo

Elizabeth Allan said...

"Sew" lovely Judy!

Quietfire said...

*gasp* You mean you didn't share those marvelous little bits with *me*??? lol! Just kidding! I can make my own bits now. Wonderful, wonderful tag!

Marisa Job said...

This is a gorgeous tag Judy! Love all the details! Hugs!

Teresa said...

This is so pretty! Love the sewing machine on the tag :) still miss talking to you ..... Teresa