Sunday, September 19, 2010

Joyeux Noel

Today, I have a Christmas gift tag to share. 
Come December, I always appreciate all the Christmas tags and cards I've made throughout the year.  I never seem to have time to make tags then.

I started with a #8 manilla tag.  The surface of tags is a little different than most card stock.  I really like using Distress inks on them.  I scored it 7/8" from the hole end and just under 2 3/8" from the opposite end.  I did all the stamping before I fastened the top edge down.

I used just a portion of the stamp for the Santa stamped with Espresso ink.  The stamp has words in the lower right area which I masked because they wouldn't all fit on the tag.  Instead, I stamped "joyeux noel" with Adirondack Raisin and clear embossed it.  

The Santa is colored with Copics (see photo for colors).  I added Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo over it.




I stamped branches on the back and inside with Pesto ink.  I also used Anitique Linen and Vintage Photo. 
I wrote "to" and "from" with a black pen.  "Happy Christmas" is stamped with Raisin and clear embossed.






This photo shows the outside of the tag as it looks open.







 I used red line tape to fasten the top fold leaving the edge free.  The bottom of the tag (Santa) tucks under the flap like a matchbook.  I repunched the hole through the back so I could add my ribbon ties.

The manilla tag seemed so appropriate for the vintage feel of the Snowy Woods stamps but his tag could easily be created with other Christmas stamps! 

This was a fun little project!


 I think I'm back on track for creating......thank goodness!  It's so hard to get projects done when nothing seems to work!

Happy to have you visit!  I hope you enjoyed my Noel tag!
-judy

9 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Great tag Judy!

Daniel August said...

I just love it when people find out other ways to use tags. This idea is just genious! Love it!

Great idea for gift notes!

>>Daniel August

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea and its beautiful!

Jean Franks Beck said...

*gasp* Wow, wow, wow, I love this!! What a fabulous idea, and your stamping and coloring are gorgeous. I have that set, and I can tell ya, I'm gonna be CASEing this, LOL!!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

absolutely gorgeous.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Oh My Gosh...Wow! So very clever/amazing and I just love it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Judy, I will be getting out a few tags and experimenting. You have inspired me with your beautiful art.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Adorable, what a great idea!