Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Memory Book

This is a Memory/Guest Book that I made for a friend.  She wanted a guest book for her father-in-law's 90th birthday celebration.   She chose the paper for the cover (Grandmas house from Paper Loft) and I went from there.  
I cut the covers from lightweight chipboard (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") plus  cream cardstock for the inside and the DP for the outside.  I used spray adhesive to put them together.  Then I rounded all the corners.  I added Antique Linen and Vintage Photo ink to the edges.
For the largest Spellbinders Curved Rectangles frame, I chose a pearlescent brown paper by Paper Cut that I cut and embossed over window screen with #5 and 6 die templates.  The frame fits over cream cardstock cut with #6 Curved Rectangles, also embossed over window screen.  I added Antique Linen Distress to "age" it a bit.  I fastened it to the cover just slightly offset to the right.  I wrapped a piece of brown ribbon around the cover and fastened the ends to the center. I wrapped a piece of thread around the ribbon near the adhesive and tied it to gather the ribbon a little.  (It will be hidden by the title)

The back piece of the title was cut/embossed with Spellbinders S4-229 Labels Five #6 out of Antique Gold pearlescent paper.  The color was a bit too bright so I rubbed StazOn Timber over the edges......makes it look more bronze than gold.   "Rember When" was stamped and embossed with gold EP on cream cardstock.  I rubbed Antique Linen over the edges blending it to the center.  Then I centered and cut it out with S4-190 Labels Four #6.  To create the pearlescent brown frame, I placed S4-190 Labels Four #6 and S4-138 Petite Ovals LG #3 on my magnetic mat.  I cut the frame and then embossed it over 12-1007 Diamond and Star Impressabilities.  I glued the frame around the title and fastened it to the gold Labels Five.  I used Foam Squares to mount it on the cover over the ribbon.  I tied a half bow and fastened it with a glue dot.

I cut 12 - 5 1/4" x 8 1/4" pages of cream cardstock.  I rounded all the corners.  On several pages I stamped "Family * Friends" with stamps from JustRite Cherish the Memories Nested Sentiments using Espresso ink.
To put it all together, I used a screw punch to make holes in the covers and pages.   I air brushed the book rings with Copic Y28  and  sealed them with a clear spray finish.

With a change of papers, colors and title this book could be made for lots of dfferent occasions...weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties.  It could even be a mini album for a special occasion.


I hope I've inspired you to try this project or create your own! 
:-)
-judy

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning Judy and what a special keepsake!