Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Let Freedom Ring!
I hope you're enjoying a great Memorial Day! 
I'm enjoying a day to relax.  .....and I did a little creating this morning.

I put together this card with a patriotic theme.  I started with the idea to cut the stars for a frame around the flag image - the stamp is from Artistic Outpost Hero set inked with Memento Lady Bug and Danube Blue plus Vintage Photo.  One thing led to another and ...... this card came together.

I took a few photos along the way so you can see some of the steps.....


{-------I used Spellbinders Stars Five S4-092 to cut my star frame.  The top stars are for the blue and the bottom for the red.







Then I cut Spellbinders Labels Thirteen S4-248 ------------}
out of star paper from The Paper Loft "Old Towne Tavern".

This shape didn't quite fit my design so I trimmed off 2 edges!
----------}


To get a narrow red edge for each curved end, I cut 2 red strips with Labels Thirteen again.  Once I had them glued to the star piece, I trimmed the side edges flush.



In this photo I have the pieces laid out the way I want to put them together.  I thought I'd show you the paper before distressing.  If you compare the card to this photo you'll see a big difference.  My stamped flag didn't coordinate with the papers as well as I'd like before the distressing.  The Antique Linen and Vintage Photo pulled all the elements together.   I used my JustRite Times New Roman font set to stamp "Let Freedom Ring".  I added a little Antique Linen to the edges.  The words and the star are mounted with foam tape.  I added a piece of twill tape....distressed, of course!......and an old button.   The beige card (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") shows a tiny margin around all the edges.

 Please take a few moments to remember all those who sacrificed that we may continue to enjoy all the freedoms we so often take for granted. 
God Bless America!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW, thank you for the great tutorial! This card is fabulous!