Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunflowers

Whew! I can't believe it's been a whole week since I posted..........

My stamping last week was for projects that I can't show. Sorry... One project is for the Fond Memories workshop coming up at the end of September. The other is for a new release for Artistic Outpost at the beginning of September. A few deadlines to meet this month!

I found time to play on Saturday.......let's say I took time. Housework will have to wait.

I had fun putting this card together!



The image is from JustRite's new Autumn Blessings Set. I stamped it with Memento Black Tuxedo ink. I chose these Copic colors to make it look like a vintage watering can filled with sunflowers.
0, c1, c3, c5, g85, g94, y17, y38
After coloring, I simply used my scissors to trim around the border. There is a Spellbinders die that's a good size match but it's hard to get it lined up exactly with this lined border. It was just as quick to cut it out! Then I cut the orange mat with a Spellbinders Classic Oval die. The scalloped mats were cut with a Scalloped Classic Oval die. Both the white & green mats are the same size. I offset the white one a little to peek from behind the green.

The papers are from Basic Grey's 6x6 Lime Rickey pad. Such a great color match! I stitched on the orange twill tape, something new for me. I've always been too lazy to go downstairs & get my sewing machine out. So I finally set a up a sewing machine close to my stamping area. I think I'll use it more now.


I added little white brads across the twill tape spacing them with Tim Holtz' clear ruler. It has holes every 1/8". I used my piercing tool to make a hole for each brad. The little tag was cut with the medium tag from Spellbinders Tags Trio. I stamped the little greeting (Hero Arts) first. I cut the tag with the verse close to the top. Then I moved the tag in the die to cut the bottom making it a short tag. I used a silk bow to finish the card.

Supplies:
JustRite Autumn Blessing Set
Hero Arts "thinking of you"
Copic markers: 0, c1, c3, c5, g85, g94, y17, y38
Memento Black Tuxedo ink
Spellbinders Classic Oval, Scalloped Classic Oval, Tags Trio
Basic Grey 6x6 Lime Rickey
Twill tape, White Brads, Silk Ribbon
* * *
Thanks for stopping! I have a few more cards ready to post so it won't be a week to wait!!!

Smiles,
-judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly beautiful! I just love the happy colors and your watercan is perfect!

Gail said...

Great colors! I love the papers you chose too!