Monday, November 17, 2008

Metal Embossing....

.......I'm going to stray from stamping today.

Here's a little sample of my metal embossing. I dressed up the lid of a simple craft pencil box with a piece of embossed foil.


First, I stained & finished the box. Then I cut a piece of chipboard to fit the lid. I traced the chipboard on a piece of aluminum craft foil to define the pattern area. Then I just doodled with my metal tools.......just fun for me. Some of the design is embossed & some is debossed (dented in). That was not by design choice......I wasn't too pleased with myself when I started working on the wrong side of the metal. Rather than start over, I just worked it into the design.

I used acrylic paint rubbed over the design to antique it.....give it an aged metal look. By buffing the metal with paper towel, the paint rubs off the raised areas & remains in the recessed areas. It makes the pattern stand out. I use this box to store some of my metal working tools.

If you're interested in any of the tools, check out Ten Seconds Studio or Mercart. You'll find lots of visual inspiration in their galleries. As always, if you have any questions about my art, please email me.


Create art!
-judy

No comments: