Friday, April 28, 2017

Stars and Stripes Centerpiece

 
Hello blog friends!

Today, I'm sharing a Stars and Stripes centerpiece created for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® and Paper House® Productions Blog Co-Hop.  Check out Scrapbook Adhesives Blog  and Paper House Blog for more creative inspiration!  There are prizes!



My Stars and Stripes centerpiece features Paper House® Let Freedom Ring Washington DC Paper Crafting Collection along with products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® ,



My inspiration for this project was the flags square which is from Paper House® Let Freedom Ring Washington DC Paper Crafting Collection.  I added "Stars and Stripes" from the sticker sheet.  Then I covered it with a clear acetate square from the collection which is fastened in the corners with DODZ™ Adhesive Dots Mini. I used dots of Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Neon Amplify! to hide them.  The stars are from the  3D Foam Holiday Embellishment Kit.  So easy to add the foil to the adhesive on the stars!  Love the shiny red!!!

To fasten it to a painted skewer, I first die cut a star from paper with Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6ʺ applied to back side.

 

I placed a strip of Extreme Double-Sided Tape ½ʺ on back of flag square.  Then placed the skewer over it and added another strip Extreme Double-Sided Tape ½ʺ

Finally, I fastened the star over the skewer to finish the back side.

 

The center star pick was made with paper with Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6ʺ applied to the back and die cut.  I added a 3D Foam Stars and applied foil to it.  The center blue star is a sticker.


The circle pick and flag one are made from stickers with paper backing.  I applied Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6ʺ to some of the papers from Paper House® Let Freedom Ring Washington DC Paper Crafting Collection.  Then I cut them to fit behind the stickers.  A painted skewer is sandwiched between.  Hope that makes sense!

The small stars were die cut with Spellbinders Pierced Stars dies from paper fastened to white 3D Creative Sheets.  It cuts easily and gives dimension to the stars.  I've used 2 stars back to back over a painted toothpick. I added small foiled 3D Foam Stars to the front.


The red foil star was cut from 3D Creative Sheets.  Then it was fastened over a toothpick to another star with paper backing.  The foil was then applied to it.

My base is a clay pot that I painted with DecoArt Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paint. A long border sticker from Paper House® Let Freedom Ring Washington DC Paper Crafting Collection fits around the pot.  It was the perfect size just lapping in the back!  I wrapped Home and Hobby Premium Double-Sided Tape ⅛ʺ Permanent around the pot and then fastened the ribbon to it.  Otherwise, the ribbon kept sliding down the pot.  The pot is filled with white sand with blue marbles on top.  (I covered the hole in the pot with packing tape.)

 
Thanks for visiting! 

Judy


Supplies:


Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Other Supplies:
Wood Skewers
Wood Toothpicks
Clay Pot
White Sand
Blue Marbles
Ribbon

No comments: