Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day Card

This is the card I made for my Dad! 


It actually started as a scrap card.......made from a scrap of black card stock with a hole from cutting a cog out of it.  It's a little hard to see in my photo.  The opening around the stamped guys was cut with a die from Spellbinders Cogs. 


I embossed the piece with Industrial M-Bossabilities folder.  I was trying to create the look of farm machinery!  I rubbed silver and rust Gilders Paste over the embossed pattern.  The Gilders Paste has a very metallic color.  It really pops the pattern! 
Next I cut 2 gears using dies from Spellbinders Cogs.  The one with the brads was cut with #2 and 4 nested together.  The center #2 is the small gear.  I cut a piece from Celtic Motifs to layer over the bigger gear.  Doesn't it make a great gear?  Again, I've used Gilders Paste to create the metallic look.
In back of the cog opening, I've glued a piece of clear packaging for a window.  I stamped the image, an old stamp from my collection, on Kraft paper and added a touch of blue to their clothes and tan ink around the edges.  Since the image was too small to fill the opening, I backed it with green paper.
The greeting was stamped in black and clear heat embossed on green paper.  I cut that with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A, the thin long die. I hand cut a gold mat.  It's mounted with 3D Foam Squares.
The card size is 5 x 7".
This was a fun card to make! I started with the scrap of black card stock and it evolved from there!  I chose the green and gold because my dad has John Deere tractors! 

Happy creating!
-judy
  • Supplies:
  • Spellbinders® GC-001 Grand Calibur machine
  • Spellbinders® EL-017 Industrial
  • Spellbinders® S4-386 Cogs
  • Spellbinders® S5-163 Celtic Motifs
  • Spellbinders® S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A
  • SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES by 3L - 3D Foam Squares
  • Bazill Basics Paper - green, gold
  • Imagine Crafts - Versafine Onyx Black
  • Imagine Crafts - Memento Desert Sand, Peanut Brittle, Summer Sky
  • Creative Impressions - antique silver paper fasteners
  • Baroque Art Gilders Paste - Silver, Rust
  • Black, Kraft - Card stock
  • Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
  • Endless Creations Stamp

3 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

Love it! Great man card!

Kathy Sheely said...

AMAZING Judy! You captured the rustic farm look perfectly.

Con said...

XOXO...I have these plates and this is they type of card/styles I am looking for. I hope you have some more ideas coming because they are great! Thanks, con