It actually started as a scrap card.......made from a scrap of black card stock with a hole from cutting a cog out of it. It's a little hard to see in my photo. The opening around the stamped guys was cut with a die from Spellbinders Cogs.
I embossed the piece with Industrial M-Bossabilities folder. I was trying to create the look of farm machinery! I rubbed silver and rust Gilders Paste over the embossed pattern. The Gilders Paste has a very metallic color. It really pops the pattern!
Next I cut 2 gears using dies from Spellbinders Cogs. The one with the brads was cut with #2 and 4 nested together. The center #2 is the small gear. I cut a piece from Celtic Motifs to layer over the bigger gear. Doesn't it make a great gear? Again, I've used Gilders Paste to create the metallic look.
In back of the cog opening, I've glued a piece of clear packaging for a window. I stamped the image, an old stamp from my collection, on Kraft paper and added a touch of blue to their clothes and tan ink around the edges. Since the image was too small to fill the opening, I backed it with green paper.
The greeting was stamped in black and clear heat embossed on green paper. I cut that with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A, the thin long die. I hand cut a gold mat. It's mounted with 3D Foam Squares.
The card size is 5 x 7".
This was a fun card to make! I started with the scrap of black card stock and it evolved from there! I chose the green and gold because my dad has John Deere tractors!
- Spellbinders® GC-001 Grand Calibur machine
- Spellbinders® EL-017 Industrial
- Spellbinders® S4-386 Cogs
- Spellbinders® S5-163 Celtic Motifs
- Spellbinders® S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES by 3L - 3D Foam Squares
- Bazill Basics Paper - green, gold
- Imagine Crafts - Versafine Onyx Black
- Imagine Crafts - Memento Desert Sand, Peanut Brittle, Summer Sky
- Creative Impressions - antique silver paper fasteners
- Baroque Art Gilders Paste - Silver, Rust
- Black, Kraft - Card stock
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Endless Creations Stamp