Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Jewel Gem Necklace

Here's a little "gem" necklace I created for Julianna Hudgins Design Team. 
It's posted on her blog here.


This turquoise nugget is actually shrink plastic! 

I cut the oval with Spellbinders S5-098 Jewel Stones out of black shrink plastic and punched a hole for the jump ring.  Then I painted it with Tattered Angels Caspian Sea Glimmer Glam.  When I heated it the Glimmer Glam crinkled up into this wonderful texture! 
I cut the initial from white shrink plastic that I painted with Tattered Angels Saffron Glimmer Glaze.  After I glued the "J" in place, I dripped Ice Resin over the nugget.  I wanted enough to seal the texture and add a little shine, yet not too much.  The Ice Resin served to secure the crinkled texture to the shrink plastic, too!


thanks for visiting!
happy creating!
-judy

1 comment:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the crinkled effect of this piece Judy! Fabulous and unique!