Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Love of Orange" Scrapbook Page

Today, I have a scrapbook page to share that I created for Spellbinders.  It features photos of my DH and two of his tractors.   He has several vintage Allis-Chalmers tractors.  These are two of his favorites!


The Spellbinders shapes probably aren't very obvious on this layout.  I've kept it very linear and a bit minimalist. It fits DH's character!

The zig-zag edge mats on the small photos were cut with Square Swatches.  I sanded the edges to bring out the white paper edge.  It really makes the edges pop!  The Square Swatches die templates aren't big enough to cut a mat for the large photo.  Instead, I used the edge of the largest Square Swatches along the outside to cut the zig-zags on it.  It took 8 cuts to get all the corners.  Worth it though!  Between the bigger zig-zags at the top and bottom of the mat, I used the next smaller Square Swatches die template.  The size fit the space better without over cutting the bigger zig-zags.
Each photo has an orange mat, zig-zag mat, black mat and a cream mat. 

The border at the top and the wider border at the bottom with the word "ORANGE" has edges cut with Classic Bracket from Classic Edges Two.  I used an Edgeabilities from Classic Decorative Inserts One to cut the decorative pattern along the edges and center.  There's a strip of orange paper behind the center strip.  The edge patterns show black through the pattern. 

I cut 2 sets of letters for "ORANGE" and layered them: one orange and one cream.  They were cut with Spellbinders Presto Punch and punch templates.

I used my computer and printer for the journaling and the title.  It's printed on cream card stock.

DH loved this!!

Thanks for stopping!

Happy creating,
-judy

Supplies:

Spellbinders™ E8-009 Classic Decorative Inserts One
Spellbinders™ S4-342 Square Swatches
Spellbinders™ S4-126 Classic Squares LG #5,6
Spellbinders™ PT-F01 Plain Jane (Capital)
Spellbinders™ PP-001 Presto Punch
Spellbinders™ GC-001 Grand Calibur Machine
Bazzill Prismatics – Classic Orange
Worldwin Treasures – Black
Authentique Foundations – Black
Quick Quotes Paper – Cherry Truffle
SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES by 3L – E-Z Runner
Cardstock – cream
Computer and printer

5 comments:

Gwen said...

GREAT layout!! My DH restores the really old ones like Rumely, Aultman-Taylors, etc. Great hobby!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous layout Judy!

Marisa Job said...

Great Layout Judy! Love the pictures! Hugs!

Connie said...

I love your beautiful May baskets and the lacy paper work you do on your cards. You are so talented. I am your newest follower. Please accept my invitation to visit my blog and hopefully you will decide to follow me too. Connie :)

Tina Campbell said...

This is such a cool layout! We collect Minneapolis-molines but we have a AC 45 too. Glad to come across so many tractor scrapbook pages for inspiration