Friday, May 18, 2012

A Charm Bracelet

........with Shrink plastic charms.

I cut the charms for this bracelet with Spellbinders S5-098 Jewel Stones, a set created by Julianna Hudgins.  The shapes make great charms!   
I used Ranger Jet Black Archival ink for stamping all the images. All the stamps are from my collection of stamps and may not be available anymore.
I punched a 1/8" hole in each one before shrinking so I could fasten them to the bracelet with jump rings.


I glued white paper to the back of this charm after shrinking it.  I didn't like the plain white so I used a Copic marker to color the paper.  I really like the vintage color.  I coated the top with Glossy Accents.  For some reason, it made the ink run.  I was a little frustrated with that at first but now I like the character of it!!!


This charm was stamped the same only I didn't add white paper on the back.  I left it clear and colored the back with a Copic marker.  It also has Glossy Accents over the top.



On this charm, I added the red on the letters from the back side before shrinking it.  This one has paper glued to the back and colored with yellow Copic marker.  I've also coated the front with Glossy Accents.  It adds some dimension as well as protecting the stamped image. 



I think I used Distress inks for the color on this charm.  It's been awhile since I made it and I didn't keep any notes!  The color intensifies when it shrinks.  I glued white paper to the back with Glossy Accents so the image would show up well.  Although it's not very apparent, I also colored the back with yellow marker.


This image is sharper in person.  I just couldn't get a very clear photo.  Again I stamped the image with black archival ink.  After shrinking it, I glued white paper to the back and colored it with a Copic marker.  I like the vintage look of the gold color.
 

These charms are actually fairly quick to make.  It took me longer to pick out the stamps than actually stamp them!  The Glossy Accents on top does take overnight to dry.  It's worth the wait.

I hope I've inspired you to try some charms!  Even one on a bead chain would be a fun project!

Thanks for visiting!
hugs
-judy



4 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I love charm bracelets but I have not tried making my own charms. These are lovely - such a vintage. artsy feel! Brilliant to add the Glossy Accents!

Marisa Job said...

Wow! This bracelet is gorgeous! Love it! Hugs all the way to Walnut Grove!

Teresa said...

Your bracelet came out really cute! I love all the designs on each little charm and love the colors you used :) Lots of Hugs, Teresa

Angela said...

Lovely bracelet Judy! I love what you did with the shrink plastic!