Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tiny Easter Baskets

I made these tiny Easter baskets to send off to my grandkids.  I was pressed for time so these are really simple!!!  I found paper in my stash that sort of coordinated......not that the kids would care!  Each basket is just big enough for a tiny collectible stuffed animal, a couple chocolate bunnies and some M & Ms.
The main part of each basket was cut with Spellbinders S5-077 Labels Twenty-Five #5 (#1 being the smallest).  I cut 2 - 2" squares for each end and a handle that's 3/4" x 8 1/2".

You can see the pieces in this photo.  I've made score lines for folding.  Each square is scored 1/4" along two opposite sides and 3/4" on one end across the 1/4" scores.  I've notched the intersection so the pieces will fit together when folded.  One square fits at each end of the basket with the 3/4" folded edges at the bottom. 
The Labels Twenty-Five is scored 3/4" from center on both sides as you see in the photo.  That area is the bottom of the basket. The ends become the sides.
Spellbinders S5-094 Labels and Tags
I used Scor-Tape™ to fasten each end in place as well as the handle.  Very simple! 

I added tags with their names, each tied on with some bakers' twine.  The tags are from Spellbinders S5-094 Labels and Tags, a new set deigned by Becky Fleck.
I tucked the goodies in each basket and slipped each one inside a clear acetate bag. I knew the candies wouldn't stay in the baskets through the mail! 





Wishing you all a blessed Easter!
-judy 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love those Easter baskets well done Have a lovely Easter Hugs Elaine

Mary Jo said...

Judy these are sooo cute.