Thursday, April 26, 2012

Splendid Circles Wedding Card

Another Splendid Circles card.........


........that's a lot more involved than yesterday's card!  Lots of layers and pieces!

Because I thought it would be very hard to describe how to assemble the medallion, I cut another set of the pieces so I could post photos.

The card base is ivory, a square card that's 5 5/8" x 5 5/8".  The next layer is brown pearlescent paper cut with Grand Squares #4.  I cut the circle opening in the center at the same time using Grand Circles #1.  The ivory color around the medallion is the card base showing through the circle cut out.  I also embossed the brown mat with Grand Impressabilities Fancy Flourish.

Now, for the medallion parts!

The 4 gold corner scrolls are cut and embossed from Spellbinders Premium Craft foil.  The die template is from Antique Frame and Accents.

The embossed piece is Labels Twenty-Four cut from paper I sprayed with several colors of Cosmic Shimmer.  I embossed the paper before I cut it out with M-Bossabilities Regal. 

Splendid Circles #4 with #3 in the center was cut and embossed from brown pearlescent paper.  The tiny gold circle was cut and embossed with the two smaller Splendid Circles, #1 & 2, from gold foil.

The 4 pointed star is from Persian Accents and cut and embossed from gold foil.

The two gold pearlescent circles were cut and embossed with Splendid Circles #3.

I forgot to show one piece in this photo.  It's a circle ring cut with Standard Circles LG #6 and Standard Circles SM #5.  It's shown in the next photo.

Here you can see the ring which fits behind the Splendid Circle. If you look at the card you can see the gold showing through the smaller openings.  I glued the ring to the back.

The gold star is glued to the gold ring.  I added a small gold brad in the center.



This next photo shows how I put the gold Splendid Circles behind the Labels Twenty-Four.  I've also fitted the gold corners onto each point.  These 2 pieces just fit together so well!  A little glue holds them in place.












I added the Splendid Circle with 3D Foam Squares.  The gold center is also mounted with 3D Foam squares.

The assembly is pretty easy now that you see how it all fits together, right???  Once the pieces are cut, it doesn't take long to assemble.

The Labels Twenty-Four that was sprayed could be replaced with a pretty foil, a different color of pearlescent paper or even a patterned paper.  It would have a totally different look!  And be quicker to make!



The wedding verse is from a little clear set of stamps by KaiserCraft.  I heat embossed the verse with gold embossing powder. 

Thanks so much for visiting!!!  I hope you enjoyed this card!
Hugs,
-judy

Supplies:
Other supplies: White, Tan Cardstock, Brown, Gold Pearlescent Cardstock, Gold Embossing Powder

5 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Judy to see one set used so many ways has been very nice. I like all of the cards. Today's is a little more you.

Elizabeth Allan said...

I am spinning in circles over all the wonderful designs you have created with these die!!

Marisa Job said...

Your creations are amazing! And this card is just beautiful! Big hugs!

christi said...

gorgeous card. thanks for the deets.

Quietfire said...

Oh Judy! I'd say you and Splendid Circles are a match made in heaven. Beautiful!