Saturday, April 21, 2012

Published in Create: Vintage!!!

I'm so excited to have a project in Create: Vintage published by Northridge Publishing!!!! 
  

It's been quite awhile since this project was selected.  I'd forgotten when it was scheduled to be published.  A few days ago, I came home to find a package with 2 copies of Create: Vintage, my returned project and some goodies!!!  So exciting!!! 


Above is my Vintage Frame as shown in the book. 


.......and here's the frame.   You may remember it as I had it posted on my blog at one time.  I had to take it off once Northridge asked to publish it. 

The image is from Artistic Outpost's Gatesby set of stamps. I stamped it on glossy cardstock so it looks almost like an old photograph.  I added shading with Vintage Photo and Antique Linen inks.

The background piece with lattice edge was cut with Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles.  The paper was a rustic light beige color before I inked it with various Distress inks!!!  I added old buttons, bits and pieces of lace, some pearls, a stick pin with year 1922, and stained fabric roses and seam binding used as ribbon. 

This was a fun piece to put together.  The lattice piece was a cast off from another project!  I just added lots of stuff to it!!!

Thanks so much for stopping!
Hugs to all!
-judy

7 comments:

Hope and Chances said...

Congratulations - it's a stunning project and so worthy of publication :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Congrats! It's just beautiful!

Teresa said...

Congratulations Judy I am so very happy for you and your frame is just gorgeous! Miss talking to you and hope you have a really nice weekend :)

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Yeah Judy! What a fantastic card. Congrats on the pub!

Kathy said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations! You so deserve to be published.

Alice Pace said...

I so LoVe the vintage cards! That big medallion die is to die for!

Teresa said...

This is so beautiful Judy! I love how you make everything look so old and vintage looking! A huge Congrats to you !