Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Wishing you all a glorious Easter Day!
This scrapbook page seemed perfect to share today!

These are some of my favorite photos of my granddaughter, Alyssa!  She was so cute in her Easter dress hunting for Easter eggs on the church lawn.  I really like how the wind twirled her skirt in the center photo. 

I chose 3 - 4 x 6" photos for this page. I've cut the edges of each one with the largest die template from Spellbinders™ S5-090 Romantic Rectangles.  It's the perfect size!  And adds such a nice touch!  Into each corner, I looped some sheer ribbon and fastened the ends behind the photo.  I added a pearl between the loops which makes it resemble a bow.

The border at the bottom of the page is made up of 5 of Spellbinders new Cut-Fold-Tuck shapes.  This one is from S5-011 Angle Approach.  It's the medium size shape in the set. I cut five of them from a soft mint colored paper from Echo Park that has a pink pattern on the back side. When the folds are made, the pink back side of the paper is visible.  I layered each Cut-Fold-Tuck square over a square of pink paper to show through the openings.  Each one is layered over a white square.  I added a tiny pearl from Want2Scrap to the center of each one.

At the very bottom and top of the page, there's a border of diamonds.  I used Spellbinders ES-001 Simplicity M-Bossabilities to emboss that pattern.  I cut the narrow strip of paper first.  Then I aligned it with one row of diamonds in the Simplicity M-Bossabilities folder and embossed it.  I repeated this process moving the strip in the folder until I had the whole thing embossed.  I sanded it lightly to bring out a little of the white core of the paper on the embossed edges.

The title letters were cut with the Spellbinders PP-001 Presto Punch using PT-F01 Plain Jane Capital and PT-F02 Plain Jane (Lower Case) alphabets.  I cut them from white Fun Foam and pink paper.  I glued the paper to the foam letters making my own dimensional letters!

I added a line of journaling under the title.  It's hand printed on a strip of vellum which recedes into the background of the page.

 
Have a wonderful Easter Day celebrating our risen Saviour!
-judy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy what a lovely page and such a gorgeous little girl, great layout and color Hugs Elaine

Teresa said...

Happy Easter Judy!! Hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of great memories!! and by the way...... Is it time to go back to Arizona yet :)

Pam said...

This is a gorgeous layout! Your granddaughter is so cute.Love all the Spellbinder goodness. Thanks for sharing how you used Romantic Rectangles on your photos... I love that die.

Angela said...

What? Your a grandmother? You certainly don't look old enough for that!

Beautiful girl and beautiful layout too! Have a great week!

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful layout Judy! Cute little girl! I love the letters made with the Presto Punch! Hugs!