Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Circles Card

Today, I have a fairly quick card to create with Spellbinders™  Splendid Circles

The three larger circles were cut and embossed all at one time by nesting the die templates together.  I sanded the paper lightly to highlight the embossed areas.  These circles have such great detail!  They're one of my favorites!
The card front was embossed with a new Spellbinders M-Bossabilitites embossing folder.  This pattern is called Elite.  The great thing about these folders is that they emboss 2 different patterns depending on how the folder is folded!  You can see all the different folders on  the Spellbinders website.

To assemble the card, I fastened the circles together with 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  Then I wrapped a short piece of the ribbon around the circles and fastened it together on the back.  I tied a separate bow and attached it to circles with a Glue Dot.  Much easier than trying to wrap the ribbon around the circles and then tie the bow!!!

I cut the narrow flag from Spellbinders Nautical Frame and Accents from white card stock.  Then I stamped the birthday verse on it in black ink.  I tied it to the bow with cord.   Finally all is mounted on the card front with 3D Foam Squares under the ribbon and under the verse.
Pretty easy, huh?

For a different look, the Splendid Circles could easily be cut from multiple colors of paper.   Cut 3 sets and mix and match to make 3 coordinating cards!

Happy Creating!
-judy

Supplies:


  • S5-082 Nautical Frame and Accents
  • S4-354 Splendid Circles
  • EL-001 Elite
  • Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine
  • Echo Park Paper Co, - Summer Days
  • Glue Dots - Mini Glue Dots
  • SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L, White 3D Foam Squares
  • JustRite - Just Because Set
  • White, Ivory Cardstock
  • Black Ink
  • White cord
  • Aqua Sheer Ribbon
  • 4 comments:

    Marisa Job said...

    Great card Judy! Very original as always! Hugs!

    Margie Higuchi said...

    Ooooo, LOVE how you did this! It really showcases the die templates well! This is one I don't have (gasp!). It's one of my top "needs" in my ever growing wish list! Have a great TUE!! xo

    Tina McDonald said...

    This is fabulous Judy! Simple yet so effective!
    I miss you, by the way! :)
    ((HUGS))

    Elizabeth Allan said...

    Wow - those die-cut circles are intricate!! Beautiful!