Today, I have a paper bouquet to share! This was one of my Spellbinders projects from last winter. A fun project to put together!
I had pretty much forgotten about it until Teri, a fellow paper crafter discovered it in the Spellbinders Gallery and emailed me with a question. She asked how to make the “flower pot”. It’s really quite easy. So here’s some photos with a few directions! If you have questions, feel free to email me!
Thanks for asking Teri!
The flower pot was cut with Spellbinders LF-124 Grand Scalloped Circles #6 out of cardstock. I then centered Spellbinders S4-116 Standard Circles #4 on my scalloped circle and taped it in place. I embossed it only. That’s the bottom of my pot. Then I placed it on my Scor-it Board. Any scoring board will work or even a ruler and score tool. I scored from a notch between scallops to the circle, then from the circle to the notch on the opposite side of the circle, notches directly across from each other. Does that make sense? I continued to make score lines between every notch to the center circle.
Then I made valley folds on every other score line and mountain folds between, folding just to the circle score line.
As the folds are made the pot takes shape! In order for the pot to hold it’s shape, I punched a hole in every inner fold. Then I threaded seam binding through the holes and snugged the pot to the size I wanted and tied a knot on the inside. For my flower pot, I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Sugar Maple and Suede. I sprayed it after it was shaped so the ribbon took on the same color as the pot.
Hopefully, you can imagine it as I don’t have a photo of just the pot and ribbon. You can see a little of it in the above photo.I used a piece of florist foam in the pot to hold all the flowers.
The flowers were cut with various sizes of Spellbinders S5-049 Carnation Creations and S5-050 Rose Creations. I used Spellbinders S54-321 Nested Leaves and S4-328 Foliage for leaves plus the Carnation Creations leaves. All the flowers and leaves were cut out of Kraft card stock .
I was able to cuts lots of pieces at one time with the Grand Calibur machine.
I used these Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists to color the flowers and leaves:
Jingle Bells, Dreamsicle, Pomegranate, Sapphire, Olive Vine, Golden Terra Cotta
These are the pieces for one of the flowers. I used different combinations for my flowers. You can see them in the bouquet.
Each flower has a florist wire stem attached to a white button except for the blue flowers. I wrapped the wire around some of the eyelash yarn without a button for those.
I threaded yellow eyelash yarn through the button holes and knotted it on back with a dab of craft glue.
I think the yarn adds so much to the flowers!
To assemble the bouquet, I trimmed the florist wire stems and poked them into the florist foam. Some of the leaves have florist wire glued to them so I could poke them into the foam. Others are just glued in place.
I used Spellbinders S4-322 Grommet Tags cut from white card stock for my greeting pick. I inked each tag while it was still in the die template to create the white border. I cut two and fastened them together around a piece of florist wire that I coiled at the top.
I hope I’ve inspired you in some way! Just imagine filling a little pot like this with flowers cut from designer papers for a totally different look! Or try the new Spellbinders S5-055 Layered Poinsettia! Wouldn’t that make a pretty holiday centerpiece!