Spellbinders Paper Arts
Get the Knowledge!
Blog Frenzy July 6 - 14, 2011
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts is absolutely thrilled to bring you one of the most exciting die
releases to date! These new collections are some of the most innovated and beautiful die templates in the world! The Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy allows you a sneak peek of the products we’re introducing at the Craft and Hobby Association trade show later this month.
• Win today’s new Spellbinders die templates!
• Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day (see schedule below)!
• One entry per person, per blog please, on the designated days!
• Each blog will accept entries for 48 hours!
• You have from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time July 11, 2011 to 12:01 a.m. July
13, 2011 enter my contest. See the Official Rules here.
• Today you can enter my contest and Heidi Blankenship’s contest.
There are so many ways to use all these shapes. Imagine all the mini albums you can create with this set!
Here are all the cut pieces needed to make the cover including the paper for the inside.
2 – 6 x 6” Book 2 Kraft card stock
1 – 6 x 6” Book 2 of Graphic 45 paper
4 – Black glossy Buckle 2
1 – 5 x 5” Book 1
1 – Border
1 – 5 x 5” Book 1 of map paper
1 – 5 1/8 x 5 1/8” red square
2 – Cut-outs from Frame Tag
Front Cover Directions:
1. Apply Adhesive Sheet from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES™ by 3L to back of Worldwin Treasures™ Kraft card stock.
2. Cut and emboss one Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two - 6 x 6” Book 2 of Worldwin Kraft card stock with adhesive backing and cut only (no need to emboss) a 2nd Book 2. The 2nd Book 2 adds thickness and strength to the cover.
3. Remove adhesive backing from embossed Book 2 and adhere to 2nd Book 2.
4. Apply Adhesive Sheet by SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES by 3L to back of Graphic 45 paper. Cut with Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two - 6 x 6” Book 2 for inside. Adhere to non embossed side of cover (cover is 3 layers thick).
5. Rub Distress Vintage Photo ink along all edges of front. No need to color the center as it will be covered. Add touch of Walnut Stain along edges.
6. Cut 5 1/8” square of Bazzill Red card stock.
7. Cut Graphic 45 map paper with Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two – 5 x 5” Book 1. Apply ink along edges. Adhere to red paper.
8. To cut the black frame, align Spellbinders LF-126 Grand Squares #1 (#1 being the smallest) on inside of Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two - 5 x 5” Book 1. Tape in place with removable tape. Cut and emboss black glossy paper. (Save cut-out square for later.) The result is frame with embossed edge.
|Grand Squares die template inside Creative Book Pages Two Book 1|
9. Sand well to expose white inner paper color. Rub Vintage Photo ink over all embossing. Wipe dry with paper towel.
10. Use cut-out from Step 8 to cut and emboss Border. Align Border so pattern is evenly spaced. Cut and emboss. Sand and ink as in Step 9.
11. Apply Scor-Tape to frame and Border. Fasten frame over map square. Adhere Border along one edge. Press firmly to adhere well.
12. Use needle tool to punch holes through holes in Border. Fasten 4 – Creative Impressions Mini Round Antique Bronze brads in holes. Leave center hole empty as it will be covered with album title.
13. Cut and emboss 4 - Buckle 2 of black glossy paper. Sand and ink. Set 2 aside. Cut 2 – 8” pieces of red twill tape. Apply Scor-Tape to back of buckles. Slide twill into hole and adhere to back of each buckle.
14. Apply more Scor-Tape over twill tape. Fasten each buckle to frame with map about ¾” from bottom and top, opposite Border. Punch hole with needle tool. Add brad to each one.
15. Use other 2 buckles on ends of twill tape. Add Scor-Tape to back of each one. Insert twill tape. Add more Scor-Tape. Fold in half and fasten together over twill tape.
16. Adhere frame/map to front cover. Border is along opening edge of album.
17. Stamp “journey” with black ink and clear heat emboss. I stamped it on a piece of Classy Correspondence from Graphic 45 Communiqué Collection. Trim to 1 x 3 3/4". Ink edges.
18. Cut and emboss 2 - Frame Tag from black glossy paper. Set Frame Tags aside for later. Use inner cut-outs for mat behind "journey" title. Sand and apply ink. Trim one end of each so combined they fit stamped title. Fasten to back of title. Fasten to album cover with foam tape.
Inside Front Cover:
1. Cut black frame (Step 8 above)
2. Use Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two to cut Book 1 of Graphic 45 paper. Adhere to back of frame. Ink edges near frame.
3. Fasten frame and Graphic 45 paper to inside of front cover.
4. Cut and emboss rectangle Frame 1 and Pocket from black glossy paper. Sand and ink. Use Scor-Tape along outside edges and bottom on each to create pockets.
5. Cut and emboss Ornate Accent. Sand and ink. Fasten decorative brad to center. Fasten to pocket.
6. Adhere Pocket to rectangle Frame 1. Fasten both to inside of front cover.
Here’s a collage photo of all the divider pages. I'm not going to give all the directions. They're pretty self explanatory. If you have question feel free to email me!
The dividers are Places, Notes, Photos and Sketches. The top 2 photos show the front and back of the Places Divider.
Next 2 photos show the Notes Divider, front and back.
Then Photos Divider, front and back.
And finally Sketches Divider, front and back.
Each one has a tab made with the Frame Tag and a Buckle 1 from LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two.
Now we’re to the inside of the back cover.
Assemble back cover same as Steps 1-5 for front cover.
1. Fasten CD holder to inside of back cover.
3. Cut and emboss Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Pages Two Frame 1. Sand and ink.
4. Cut “camera” and “photos” from Graphic 45 Communique paper. Mat with black
glossy paper. Adhere to Frame 1.
5. Fasten Frame 1 to the CD envelope.
6. Cut and emboss Ornate Accent from Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two. Sand and ink. Fasten decorative brad in center. Adhere to CD envelope flap.
Outside Back Cover:
Although the back cover may look like it.has a black frame as I’ve used throughout the album, it’s not. It’s cut with the Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two Book 1 die template alone. No square cut out of the center.
1. Cut Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two Book 1 of black glossy paper.
2. Before embossing, tape Frame 1 to glossy side of paper. Keep tape to inside of die template as it will emboss, too! In the photo, you can see that both die templates are in place on the embossing mat. Emboss with Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine.
In this photo, you can see Frame 2 embossed into the Book 1 square and embossed edge, all sanded.
4. Sand and ink.
5. Cut 5 1/8" red Bazzill square. Adhere to black embossed piece.
6. Repeat Step 13 and15 from Front Cover directions for buckles and twill tape assembly.
7. Fasten each buckle towards front edge of embossed square about ¾” from bottom and top edge.
8. Use needle tool to make hole through buckle for brad. Insert brad.
9. Fasten all to back cover.
For filler pages, cut cardstock, printer paper and drawing paper 5 3/8 x 5 5/8”. I mixed Kraft card stock pages with printer paper in the Places section. For the Photos section, I used all Kraft cardstock. The Notes section is all printer paper with Kraft pages next to the dividers. The Sketches section has pages of drawing paper with Kraft card stock near the divider and back cover.
Use Bind-It-All™ to cut holes in covers, dividers and all pages. Fasten together with 1 ¼” black O-Wire™.
LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two
Book 1 - 5 x 5”;
Book 2 - 6 x 6”
Border – 1 ¼ x 6”
Buckle 1 – 1 5/8 x ¾”
Buckle 2 – 1 ¾ x 7/8”
Ornate Accent – 2 x 7/8”
Pocket – 2 1/2 x 2 7/8””
Folded Heart – 2 x 7/8”
Tag Frame – 1 5/8 x 2 ¾”
Frame 1 – 2 7/8 x 4”
Frame 2 – 3 5/8 x 2 ½”
Spellbinders LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two isn’t just for creating mini albums! Here’s a card I created using the same techniques and papers that I used on the album. I love the edge cut with the 6 x 6” Book 2 for my card! I'll share directions later this week.
Spellbinders™ LF-002 Creative Book Pages Two
Spellbinders™ LF-126 Grand Squares
Graphic 45 Papers - Communique, Steampunk Debutante
Renaissance Faire , A Proper Gentleman
Worldwin Treasures™ - Kraft
Scor-Pal Products, Ltd. - Scor-Tape™
Creative Impressions - Antique Bronze Mini Paper Fasteners
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - Adhesive Sheet and Photo CD Pockets
Bazzill Basics Paper - Bazzill Red
My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found Union Square “Favorite” Brads
Ranger Distress Inks: Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Ranger Black Glossy Cardstock
Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
3M Foam Mounting Tape
Zutter Bind-It-All Machine and Black O Wires
Artistic Outpost Loverly London Stamps
Red Twill Tape
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!!!
Be sure to check all the details about entering the contest!
For even more inspiration, check out all the other Spellbinders Design Team blogs! Lots of awesome projects using NEW Spellbinders die templates!!! The schedule and links are below.
Click on the link to see the official Spellbinders Paper Arts Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy rules.
TO ENTER: This contest is now officially ended.
My contest is open for entries from 12:01 a.m. July 11, 2011, to 12:01 a.m. July 13, 2011
Eastern Standard Time.
1) Send your email entry to: Reveal12@spellbinders.us (either click the link or type the
address into your email program) Contest is now over.
2) The subject must be Creative Book Pages Two.
Be sure to visit all the Designers on their contest dates:
Judy Hayes (you are here!)
Daily contest winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the contest’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, enter each contest within its designated time period.
Use the same email address to send the entry email. The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $1400, and includes the complete Spellbinders line of die templates released at the 2011 Summer CHA show, and a Grand Calibur™ Die Cutting and Embossing Machine!
I love your comments! Unfortunately your comment does not count towards a contest entry, so be sure to enter and then leave a comment!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
Thank you for visiting and good luck!!