Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I'm spending the weekend with family at a get-to-gether at my sister's lake home. We're in northern Minnesota. Beautiful weather once the storms of Friday night passed!

It's good to be here as there's no electricity at my home. Southwestern Minnesota was hit by very strong winds that took down lots of power lines as well as trees and buildings. We have some tree damage but no building damage. Two of my uncles who live near my house have been running a generator off and on to power the freezer and fridge. Hopefully, all the food will be okay. Some of our neighbors got power yesterday. I sure hope we have power by the time we get home tomorrow!

As for us here at the lake, we're all enjoying hanging out together! Some swimming, tubing, boating, a few walks, fabulous food (my sister loves to cook),lots of chatting and even a bit of weeding of the flower beds! It's a much needed chance for me to catch up on rest!

Wishing you a great day celebrating the independence of our nation! Thankful for all the freedoms and blessings we enjoy in this great country.

Have a great 4th!

No comments: