Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finally......

Hello everyone!

I'm finally back to my blog!  I've been back from vacation over a week.  I got out of the habit of posting and had many other things to do! 

I had a great trip to CHA!  Lots of new things to see, of course!  The ultimate thrill for me was seeing all my projects in the Spellbinders booth.  Everyone's work was beautiful!  Lots of inspiration!  I can't share photos of the projects yet because of possible publication of some of them. 
 I can share this photo of the ensemble I created for the Spellbinders Nestabilities Basics and Beyond book.  My assignment was Elegant Wedding or Anniversary.  I chose Anniversary with golden anniversary in my mind.  Both cards and the book are fairly simple to create.  The pearlescent paper really makes them elegant.  I'll post close up photos of each one tomorrow.
After CHA, I flew back to Minneapolis, stayed overnight and then flew to Mexico.  Yes, I didn't even get home.  I had packed a suitcase before I left for CHA.  My DH brought it with him.  When I got to the hotel, I combined things from both suitcases into one for the trip to Mexico.  It seems ages ago now.......
We went to Riviera Maya for my son's wedding.  I was a little reluctant to go but it was fabulous.  I'd go back!  The warm weather was such a treat after the cold and snow of Minnesota!!!  Every day was 82-87.  The beach was wonderful and the water warm.  We totally relaxed, spending almost every day in the water or laying on the beach.  When we weren't doing that, we were eating!  At least, it seemed that way. 

Here's Derek and Jenna after the wedding with this magnificent view of the beach and ocean.  Believe me only this section of the beach was this rocky.  It made for a great photo........no swimmers in the background!

Here's all my family who were there.  Jenna's parents and sister were there, too. It was a great trip!

We came back to the reality of Minnesota.......-12 degrees!  Boy, did that feel cold!  Thank goodness it warmed up 2 days after we got home.  We had temps from 32-49 degrees all last week.  All the snow banks shrunk to almost half their size.  What a relief! 

As I write this, we're expecting a blizzard to start later in a few hours, maybe a foot of snow!  I'm so glad I have Monday off, President's Day, because I probably wouldn't get to work if we get that much snow and winds! 

I spent most of my spare time last week finishing my final round project for the 2011 Spellbinders Design Team. I submitted it Friday!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I'm happy with my project so whatever happens will happen.  I did my best.  I'll keep you posted!

I hope to find time to stamp and play just for fun either today or Monday!  It's been so long since I've done that.  I'm looking forward to it.  I might even have something to post!  :-)

Stay tuned!

Smiles to you all!
-judy


Happy Creating! -judy

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Oh, Judy! Again, congratulations on your son's wedding - great pics and great weather! Stay safe and keep creating :) Fingers crossed for you on the SB DT!! xo

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

How wonderful and congratulations to all of you!! Love the pictures of the happy couple. Hugs.