Sunday, February 27, 2011

Born to Stand Out!

Here's a card I created for Artistic Outpost with the new set Think and Wonder


I had fun with this card!

I stamped the girl with Espresso ink on white cs.  I added color with Copic markers.  There's a little bit of distressing with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink around the edges.  I added teal, antique gold and purple mats.  The purple mat has rounded corners. 
The lacey edge mat was cut with Spellbinders S4-319 Lattice Rectangles (the same one I used for the Blog Frenzy!).  I had cut it for another project but it didn't work out.  It was perfect for this card! It's cut out of Graphic 45 paper from the LeRomantique collection.  I've added some Antique Linen Distress ink around the edges and threaded a piece of silk ribbon through the lattice edge.
The Bazzil paper on the card front is a light salmon color that I over stamped with a swirly leaf branch from Artistic Outpost's Serenity set. It's stamped with Spun Sugar Distress ink.  You really can't see it much.  It just addes a little variance in the color.
I stamped the verse with Espresso ink and clear embossed it.  It's matted with antique gold paper.  I added post ends from Spellbinders S5-032 Elegant Posts at each end. They just fit with the character of this card! 
To finish it off, I added the crown with some jewels!  The crown die template is from Spellbinders S4-298 Antiquities.  I cut it out of gold mirror paper.  Adding the crown is a little out of character for me!  It was fun to "step out of my box" so to speak! 
I can think of a number of friends to send this to!
I love the verse "why fit in when you were born to stand out?"

Happy Creating!
-judy

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the crown! It was the perfect addition.

Elizabeth Allan said...

I think the crown is grand! Also the gems.