Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a Birthday Telegram

I created this birthday card with the telegram stamp from Ephemeral Backgrounds.  I added "Birthday" from Polaroid Cutie by masking off "Happy" when I inked it.  I dressed it up with a black mat, rounded corners and Distress ink.  I layered it onto a die cut embossed metal shape cut with the new Spellbinders Labels Twenty One!  I embossed it over Spellbinders Floral and Stone Impressabilities and added some ink and sanding.  It's all layered onto a black rectangle with rounded corners, then onto a piece of Graphic 45 paper.  There's a bit of ribbon, colored with Distress ink, tucked under each end with 3 square copper brads touched with StazOn Jet Black ink.  To set it all off, I added Ranger Black Enamel dots and dashes....seemed appropriate for a "telegram"!

As this post goes live, I should be on my way to Mexico to enjoy some warm days on the beach!  We're taking a little vacation for my son's wedding!  For that reason, you may not hear from me for awhile! I'm not sure if I'll have easy access to internet.
Be back soon!

Happy Creating!
-judy

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Judy! Have a wonderful time!!!! JEALOUS! LOL! Congrats on your son's wedding - how fun! xo

Elizabeth Allan said...

Enjoy your trip Judy. I love this card!! P.S. Congratulations on your artwork in the Spellbinders book!!