Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa Ornament

This is an ornament I put together with a wonderful vintage Santa image from Artistic Outpost's Snowy Woods. He's one of my favorite Santa stamps!

It's really quite easy to make! I used a frame from Ranger, a 2"x2" Memory Frame and Memory Glass, as the base. No soldering needed, the frame simply closes with a tiny metal tab. Easy!

I stamped the Santa with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cs. I used the 2"x2" glass as a guide to cut it to size. I colored him with Copic markers E00, R20, R59, R89, B21, B23, B18, B69, E31, E35.  I used R46,B14,Y35 for the toys in his bag.  I added a little distressing around the edges with Vintage Photo and Black Soot inks and a touch of Antique Linen over all.
I stamped another Santa, also from Snowy Woods, for the back. He's colored with Copic markers, too, and distressed a bit.
I placed the images back to back with glass on each side, slipped them into the frame and closed the tab. So easy! Actually, there was another step before that. This frame was silver.....the only color I had.  I wanted a more antique color so I applied Copic E39 over it.  Instant color change!
I made the hanger with striped ribbon slipped through the ring on top of the frame. I added a tiny safety pin with a jingle bell over the ring for the front side and tied the plaid bow around the ring. On the back side, I added another jingle bell tied on with a cord. It adds interest to the back side of the bow.

This ornament could easily be made as a tag to add to a package as part of the gift.  Just add a place for "to" and "from" on the back side or maybe just the date. Be sure to do that before assembling it!  Or use the ornament as the main image on front of a card.  The recipient can  keep the ornament for years to come. 

Have a creative day!
-judy

1 comment:

B said...

Wow, just lovely! :)