Sunday, August 15, 2010

Two Gift Cards

I needed a gift card this weekend for a bridal shower.  I put together these 2 cards....one for the shower and one for my stash.

Working from bottom to top, I used the largest Spellbinders S4-295 Lacey Squares to cut the first white layer.  The next layer is S4-291 Labels Fifteen #6 cut from Basic Grey's Lemonade 6 x 6" paper.  A little hard to see is another layer cut with S4-292 Beaded Circles #3.  Over that I've added a white ring cut with Standard Circles but I'm not sure of the sizes. I gave this card away so I can't measure it.   In the center, is a circle of darker red again from Lemonade pad.  For the little sentiment, I used a stamp from JustRite's Birthday Sentiments.  It's stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk and clear embossed.  Then I cut and embossed it with Beaded Circles #2.  That embossing adds so much to the edge!  It's popped up with foam tape.  I added a bow with a glue dot.  It's all glued to a 3 1/2" card base.

....and for the 2nd card.    This one is in my stash!

I used some of the same die templates with a square for the sentiment.  
I started with a 4 1/8" square card base.  My first layer is a frame cut with Spellbinders Labels Fifteen #6 (same as first card) and S4-126 Classic Squares LG #5. All paper is from Basic Grey's Porcelain 6 x 6" paper pad.  I added a square of pink paper under the frame opening.  The Lacey Squares piece was cut from the cut-out of the frame.....very little paper waste.  On top is the same verse from JustRite Birthday Sentiments stamped in green - Ranger Lettuce - and clear embossed.  I cut and embossed it with S4-128 Classic Squares SM #3.  Both the Lacey Squares paper and the verse are popped up with foam tape.  I added a ribbon before attaching the verse.  The bow was tied separately and held in place with a Glue Dot.  The final touch - 3 little pearls (Basic Grey)  in the corners around the verse. 

Two very similar cards....same sentiment, some of the same die cuts......yet a different look.  Both easy  to duplicate! There are lots of choices in the JustRite Birthday Sentiments set that could be stamped in place of the "Just for You". 

Hope I've inspired you today!
-judy

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

Such cute cards you did a nice job tfs!!!