Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Little Notebooks

Tonight, I have a couple little note pads to share! 
These are great to tuck in your purse or give as a little gift.


Each of these covers started as shiny metallic gold card stock from Worldwin.  I embossed the paper and then colored it with StazOn.  I love how rich the colors turned out. 


Here's the supply list for the blue one:

StazOn Midnight Blue and Azure
Spellbinders 12-1005 Circles Impressabilities
Spellbinders S4-200 Flower Bouquet
Spellbinders S4-230 Labels Six
3M Post It note pad - 3" x 4"
Basic Grey magnet
Sanding block and makeup applicator.

I started with a piece of gold metallic cardstock 3 1/16" x 11".  I scored it at 3", 3 7/16", 7 1/2", 8 15/16".  I cut the flap edge about 2 1/4" from last fold. Then I embossed it placing the edge of the Impressabilities along a fold line, repeated until it was completely embossed.  I rubbed  Azure StazOn over some areas and then added Midnight Blue.  I sanded it a bit to remove color on the embossed pattern.  I cut a liner of light weight cardstock.  I put the cover through my Xyron with permanent adhesive.  I applied the lining paper to the cover, working from one end towards opposite end and making the folds as I went.  Once it was all together and folded well, I  used the same Labels Six die template to cut the curved edge of the lining to match the previously cut edge.  (alternate way:  glue lining and cover together before cutting shaped edge.  Then cut both pieces together for flap.)  To hold it shut, I glued on a thin magnet to flap and bottom cover. 

The purple note pad was created with StazOn Vibrant Violet and Royal Purple. 
It was made to fit a 3" x 5" note pad.  I used  Spellbinders 12-1006 Floral and Stone Impressabilities for embossing and S4-233 Labels Nine to cut the flap edge.

I used DP for the inside of purple one. 

I added a decorative piece cut with one of the shapes from S4-200 Flower Bouquet on the outside of the flap.  The note pad is held in place with double stick adhesive. 

These were so fun to create! 

Thanks for stopping!  If you have any quesstions, just leave a comment or email me.

Happy Day!
-judy 

4 comments:

Mari said...

These are awesome! Love the way they came together - can already think of several people who would love to have one! :)

B said...

Oh how fun!!! Oh and love the fun edges you created! And I love the look of the embossing with the ink and the bold colors! Man, how messy did your hands get when making these? ;-)

Paper, Jam and Jelly said...

This is major cool, I'm always out of note pads! I have a friend. who still works, that would love one of these sitting on her desk.

All the women, who work at the community college where I used to work, display their crafts on their desks.

Pennystamper said...

Love it. I have to get some spellbinders!