Friday, July 16, 2010

Fill Each Day with Joy

A HUGE THANK YOU
to everyone who visited my blog for the Spellbinders Blog Frenzy!
Thank you for all the comments!  I loved reading each and every one!  You are all so inspiring to me!

I thought I'd share a little more information about my Blog Frenzy card, "Joy".


The card base is 5" x 5" cream card stock.  I used a floral stamp from Flourishes From the Garden set to repeatedly stamp around the edges using Vintage Photo ink.  It's certainly not very visible but it added texture interest to my cream card stock.  Next there's a maroon square, then KaiserCraft paper.  I used the largest Lacey Squares to  cut the  maroon pattern paper from KaiserCraft.  All patterned papers are from KaiserCraft Gypsy Sisters Collection  I used Classic Square LG #7 to cut the next piece of the KaiserCraft paper.  Then there's a maroon Lacey Squares cut with #4 from Worldwin card stock.  My next mat is aqua, then cream card stock with the verse stamped in Espresso ink and clear embossed.  I shaded the edges with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks.  The last Lacey Squares frame was cut and embossed with #3 and #2 die templates.  I popped it up with Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. Three buttons and a bow finish the card.   
There are lots of layers to this card but it's quite simple to put together.  The color combination of these papers really makes this card! 
Supplies:
Spellbinders S4-295 Lacey Squares #5,4,3,2
Spellbinders S4-126 Classic Squares LG #7
Spellbinders W-001 Wizard and mats
JustRite Joyful Hearts stamp set
KaiserCraft Gypsy Sisters Paper Collection
Worldwin Maroon Card Stock
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner
Flourishes From the Garden stamp set
Glue Dots Craft N Go
Ranger Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress inks
Ranger Espresso ink
Maroon ribbon
Buttons

Thanks for stopping.  If you'd like to see the Blog Frenzy Reveal die templates and projects, scroll down! 

Thanks again to all of you for making my Spellbinders reveal of the Lacey Squares so much fun! 

Keep creating!
Smiles...judy

1 comment:

Velta said...

Awesome!!! Most inspiring...and looking through my pocketbook because of your creations :)