Friday, May 14, 2010

A Quick Graduation Card

Here's a quick graduation card I made for my niece who graduates from college today.  We're going to her reception on Saturday.

I picked out this paper by Reminisce earlier this week.  I didn't have any idea what I'd do with it but I liked it.  Usually, I would spend a lot of time on a card for a family member.  Well, last night this idea came to mind.  I knew I wouldn't have much time today so........ta da!  This is what I put together.  I'll add a verse and it's done.  I'm way ahead of my usual last minute gotta get a card made!

The little verse is from a Cornish Heritage Farms set called Encouragement Expressions. I stamped it on glossy black card stock with Versamark and heat embossed it with Silver Pearl.  Then I cut and embossed it with the smallest of Spellbinders Double Ended Tags S3-149 which I trimmed to make shorter.  It's tied around the bow with a piece of silver crochet cord.  The silver ribbon that's not too shiny works perfect with the paper.

Have a great day!
-judy

No comments: