Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all you mothers had a wonderful day!

I went out for lunch with my mom, dad, sister and DH.  We had a nice visit and good food.  Too much good food!  I had to take a nap once I got home!

This is the card I put together for my Mom. 

I learned how to make the scrunched flower at the Spellbinder retreat.  It's a fun technique that can be done with any light weight paper.   I used pages from an old book cut with Spellbinders Dahlia S4-191 using all dies except the smallest one.  Each layer is sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. Once the flower is wet, it's easy to scrunch the petals.  I dried it with my heat gun as I shaped the petals.  Once dry they hold their shape.  Each layer of this flower is stamped, too, with an image made to fit Dahlia perfectly.  The stamp set is from Heartfelt Creations, HC 228-D.  Stamping is really not necessary to get a nice flower!  Once it was all dry, I tapped Versamark ink onto the edges and embossed with gold EP.  That dressed it up a bit!
I'm not going to go into all the directions for the rest of the card.  If you have any questions, please email me.  I'll be happy to share.
-judy

Supplies:
Spellbinders Dahlia S4-191
Spellbinders Labels Six S4-230

Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles LG S4-249
Impressabilities Circles 12-1005
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - shades of pink & dark red

Heartfelt Creations stamps - HC 228-D
Impression Obsession verse
Ranger Adirondack Raisin ink
Creative Impressions - ribbon, mesh, brad

Graphic 45 - Le' Romantique Collection
Worldwin paper: metallic gold, ivory, maroon
Ranger Queen's Gold EP

1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

That's a fabulous creation you got there! Love it! xo