Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baseball Season

Today, I created these two cards for the Artistic Outpost blog. 
For some reason baseball came into my mind when I set out to make something for the blog.  We're big Twins fans!
The stamps are from Cracker Jack except for the film strip which is from Happiness.  I stamped the film strip 4 times, then cut an Eclipse tape mask so I could stamp the images into it.  All coloring was done with watercolors......my favorite medium right now.
I repeatedly stamped the baseballs to make the backround paper.  Again, I used watercolors for shading and color between the balls. 
Once I got all done with this card, I had a few scraps leftover......some things that hadn't worked and some left from what I used.

So I quickly put together a second card.......

You'll recognize the strip of baseball paper as the same as my first card.  The ballpark names was a piece that didn't work for the first card.  I stamped the tan card front with versamark using a mask over the baseball player.  A few mats and the verse completed the card.  When I was done, I liked this card best!
Sometimes my favorite pieces are the ones I do quickly......no time to think too much!

Have a great weekend!
 -judy

1 comment:

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

seriously...you are a true artist!!!!