I created this card with the new Artistic Outpost Steampunk stamps. All the images in Steampunk work so well together.....great for making a collage!
I started with center building image. I was cleaning the stamp and stamped it on scrap paper to remove some of the ink.......I liked the blurry image with washed out spots! I starting adding the other images around it using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. To give some dimension, I stamped the gentleman and "gentleman's choice" on scrap paper, cut them out and glued them over the original images.
This was my first use of the new Distress color Pumice Stone. What a great color! The gentleman's coat and hat are colored with it. I used Tattered Rose for his face. His shirt is the original paper color with a touch of Antique Linen, also used for some of the other shading.
I created the paper for the mat, too. The stamping is pretty subtle and not very visible on the card.
You can see it better in this photo. I stamped the "genius..." verse with Vintage Photo randomly over the edges of the mat. Then I rubbed on Pumice Stone and Antique Linen inks. It's a great technique for getting a DP that matches the stamping.
What luck to find the Graphic 45 paper that coordinates beautifully! A perfect match for my monchromatic color scheme!
Thanks for stopping! I hope you enjoyed your visit!